Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 7:45:44 PM EDT
As per NJ AWB law, we are allowed to have rifles that have 2 of the evil features, such as a removeable mag and a pistol grip. How does this apply to rifles that have more than 1 pistol grip, like a Thompson or some of the AK varients? Are they NJ legal? Does that count as 1 or 2 pistol grips? Or is it considered part of the hand guard, and not a PG?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 1:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are refering to an AK like the AMD-63 OR 65 than yes they are legal. I know of two dealers in NJ who transfered completed AMD-65 rifles built on OOW receivers. I believe Sarco was selling the Thompsons too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As per NJ AWB law, we are allowed to have rifles that have 2 of the evil features, such as a removeable mag and a pistol grip. How does this apply to rifles that have more than 1 pistol grip, like a Thompson or some of the AK varients? Are they NJ legal? Does that count as 1 or 2 pistol grips? Or is it considered part of the hand guard, and not a PG?

A multiple features is still the ONE feature. The pistol grip feature to be counted has to be behind the trigger I believe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top