Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 8:55:36 AM EDT
Does anyone know what the policy is on transfering a rifle to a person with his FID.  Do I need to go through an FFL.?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it's just fill out the sertificate of eligibility (both partiies) and that's it.

Usual disclaimers apply of course.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think it's just fill out the sertificate of eligibility (both partiies) and that's it.

Usual disclaimers apply of course.

Yep, it's that easy. No FFL needed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Humm,

Meet at diner, have a good burger.  Good conversation and then swap lowers.  No fuss no muss.  Easy as pie.  Fill out a bs paper saying that to the best of our knowledge that the other person is not prohibited from owning firearms.  Verify a NYS ID.  Wish each other a Merry Christmas.    Bout the only thing  NY's firearm laws I like.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]

how about a transfer to someone without a FID (whatever that is)?

I want to buy my Dads rifles and take them with me on the plane back to Florida.

thanks,
dan
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how about a transfer to someone without a FID (whatever that is)?
I want to buy my Dads rifles and take them with me on the plane back to Florida.
thanks,
dan

I will assume that you both live in different states.  A FFL must be used.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I forgot to mention that I live in Jersey not NY.  Anyone have the rightr info?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Does anyone know what the policy is on transfering a rifle to a person with his FID.  Do I need to go through an FFL.?

Provided that both are from the same state, a Certificate of Eligibility is all that is needed.  Both the Buyer and Seller each keep a copy.    

DONE - END - FINISHE - NO FFL

ETA: Unless you feel more comfortable giving the FFL some $$$$$$$$.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top