Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 4:09:07 AM EDT
Hey everybody!!

I just wanted  to introduce myself and say hello. I'm 25 and pretty new to the gun hobby, although I've always been intrigued and interested by weapons. The thing is that living in NYC kind of gives you a remote chance of actually being able to own one legally. I went target shooting with a friend this past summer and have been hunting a few times in the past. I live in the city but my family recently bought a home in Ossining.

I'm looking to buy my first AR15 because the friend I went shooting with brought his along and we had a blast (no pun intended-sure you've heard that one before-hahaa) and I asked him how to go about getting my own. He referred me to this website. It's more of a possibility with the Ossining home to store it.

I'll also be leaving for USMC boot camp in Dec./06 and would like to get my marksmanship skills to a respectable level before that. When we had gone shooting, I was definitely a bit rusty and I want to be fully prepared mentally and physically before I depart.

I've been bugging my buddy with all these questions about guns and laws etc. and I don't want to hassle him everytime I need to know some small detail because he's a busy guy...so I'd rather bug ALL of you...hahaha...if you don't mind.

I've been looking in the 'Equipment Exchange" section for a complete rifle that is pretty much left stock or for a lower to possibly build on. I can spend up to about $1,000 or so. If you guys know of any local shops that I can visit for a good deal (after the MTA strike) that would be ideal too.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Mark
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:52:28 AM EDT
[#1]
First off Welcome and you will find all you need here.

Second..Thank you for your service. I hope you get through Boot Camp and do what you want in the service.
I am sure you will get a basic understanding of AR's and Marksmanship from the service....LOL

Look in the EE and find a AR you could buy to start out with. Great deals there and look in the AR and Armory sections of the site...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome Mark,

First off thanks for protecting our freedoms with your service to our country.  I am down on LI so I personally don't know of any gun shops up by you.  I have heard good things on here about B&J Guns in Albany.  I don't know how far that is from Ossining.  

Good Luck,
JT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top