Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 12:35:09 PM EDT
This is why I'd like to be able to CCW in South Jersey.  We are not immune to "big city" violence.

Cindy (the victim in the following story) was the training contact for my phone system here in Cologne.

Newday.com Story

Update:  Here an article from the AC Press that has a picture of the "alleged" scum-bag.  Already had warrants, living on the road apparently...

AC Press link

Just looking at him makes me angry...  And I'm not someone who angers easily...
Sad and scary at the same time...

Steve
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Condolences.  It's tragic and even more tragic because she couldn't have legally defended herself.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That is really terrible.

I wonder if the shooter was using a legalally obtained pistol or an illegally obtained pistol. Very frustrating to think that it could have been prevented if the laws in NJ were different.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Very scary. My 12 year old daughter was just there the night before going to the movies. It definitely hits home.

It also doesn't help that also they busted a house down the street from my in that big child prostitution ring. It is BS. My ass should be allowed to CCW.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Condolences. It's tragic and even more tragic because she couldn't have legally defended herself.

Sad story and my heart goes out.

Trouble is did she own a gun or even want one. All we know she could have been against guns altogether.
On the other hand your right due to the law about a CCW.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
i think we should flood the AGs email with this story about why we should be allowed CCWs
I think it would make some people think twice about robbing them...
Its grounds for use of force for ones own defense
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I read that in the paper the other day.    It's just too bad that things like this happen.  In all honesty, the BEST that any of us can do is be "Good Witnesses", unfortunately.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Mrs. Cade's son and my son were classmates in high school.  

I did not personally know them, but a sad situation indeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top