User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:55:09 AM EDT
is this considered a collapsible stock on a  AR15
i want one (NJ LEGALITY QUESTION)
or i might get it for my 870 shotty build
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say this maybe in the gray areas of NJ law....Hell, all of the gun laws in NJ are gray to me but, from what I read the law only addresses stocks in 2 ways:

1. 3)A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock.

2.  The NJAG guidelines on AW say one type of banned feature is a folding or telescoping stock.

Being neither an expert or lawyer I would say from looking at it, that the PRS is not folding or telescoping, thus OK to have, but you never know what some gung ho prosecutor may say, PK90 may be a good person to ask. I am sure he will chime in here. I would get official verification before purchasing just to CYA.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#2]
well i know for a shotgun it would be OK as you can have aq collapsible in NJ on a pump shotgun
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
In the closed position, it is about the same length as an A1 stock.  It's range of adjustment is about 1.5", IIRC.  I do not see any reason why this would considered a collapsible stock unless competition space guns are illegal in NJ.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks legal to me.  I've seen shotguns with more adjustment than that.  The deciding factor on it being considered collapsible is probably the speed in which it can be changed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top