Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:45:15 AM EDT
Who would be interested in taking a Armorers Class?

I am looking to renew mine and asked Blackwater since the closest one is in Massachusetts.

Marc,

Thank you for your interest in Blackwater Training.  We have no open Carbine Armorer courses currently scheduled for the northeast.  We may do one in the fall in Yarmouth, Massachusetts but are not sure yet.  If you think we could get 14 students in your area, you could host a course.  I have attached the information about hosting a course for your information.

Willie Washburn

Customer Service Representative

Blackwater USA

[email protected]

252-435-0075

Now if I can put this together because it is a 6-9 month advance notice to them.  I will tell you the last one I took put on with Bushmaster/Blackwater was very good.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:19:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a location for the class set?  If it's not too far of a haul for us here in CT I might be able to supply a few bodies for the class.  I've heard very goodreports on the Blackwater/Bushmaster Armorers program.  The fall, 2006 time period would give us more than enough time to make travel arrangements, please keep me posted.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Put me down on the will attend list.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be interested.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Marc,
I'm def interested...
the question would be when are you planning to put this together?
chris
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:54:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I might be into this. What exactly is this Armorer's class about?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I would see how many people are interested and see where they live.
Then look for a place to do it. It would need to be a hall of some kind with at least tables to set up a couple of vices on and do some hammering.

When I took it I went to Maryland and stayed in a motel overnight. It was given at a Police Station at that time.

The Basic class is:
Upper and Lower Disassembly/Reassembly

Proper cleaning and field strippiing.

Proper use of the weapon. ..FTF-FTE-Gas System problems etc etc.

That is a simple idea, but there are other things you learn. Along with directly talking to someone who has up to date knowledge of what is going on and comming out. Little short cuts to take in putting things together.

The class I took people bought kits and put them together in the class.

If I could get it on a range we go out and do a littlew shooting the last day.

The class is 2 days and I am not sure what the price is at this time.

You need to have some of the armorers tools. Most of us have the basic's and all you might need to buy is the upper and lower reciever tools. For sure a set of barrel vice holders.

What is not taught in the class is putting on barrel extensions and drilling holes for FSB.
Making loweres or uppers from cast's.

Maybe I could get a tack on this and see what interest we can get into doing this.

Edited..I am sure it wold only be about a 2-4 hr trip from CT if it was done in NAssau or Suffolk County.

I would try and use Freeport Rifle Range...Or maybe I could get Bethpage Rifle range to use. Depends on how much they would charge if anything at all.
I would need to see if this pans out before I ask.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still in.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd go, what is this, about six or more hours each day?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#10]
It is 8 hrs with a lunch break and trust me it is a full 7 hr class.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Count me in.  Keep me posted on dates and location -Suffolk and Nassau Counties are a little over an hour away for us.  Thanx.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd go if on LI or nearby. Just got back from their Carbine Operator class - perfect vacation...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd go if on LI or nearby. Just got back from their Carbine Operator class - perfect vacation...

So this is a little like Top Gun, you go for the top grade training so that you can come back to
your home Squadron and train the rest of the nuggets, (us!) riiiiight?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#14]
That's my plan - 'Operator' was the pre-req for 'Carbine Instructor', on my list of things to do in the spring...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like about 7 or 8 people.

The other Alternative is to car pool to Massachusetts to do this one and put one together for anyone that could not go. Since it takes about 6 months to set it up.

Even if I do go and renew mine I would still put one together for people that want to take it around the area.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd certainly be interested.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:43:28 AM EDT
[#17]
When you have more specifics let me know I would be interested.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I could also get more people from work if you need more bodies.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Great I will call them and ask if it would really take that long to get someone to do it if I get the people together.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm in. I was just telling my wife I wanted to take this class! Just let me know the details.

Riese
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#21]
This is what I have so far:
AC48-Yes
IRWFO-Yes
BeachPatrol-Yes
Weasle-Yes
MAg162-Maybe
Strats--Tag--Maybe?
Lloyd-Jr-Yes
NY-EMT-Maybe
BoreSighted-Yes
Cityrepo-Maybe
Riese-Yes

So far 8 yes with me included and 4 maybe  thats 12 people

I need 14 for sure confirmed and then we are on the move. Also if it could be done before 6-9 months when would be a good month for it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I need 14 for sure confirmed and then we are on the move. Also if it could be done before 6-9 months when would be a good month for it?

I say the sooner the better. I truly hope this happens.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Agreed. The sooner the better.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say the sooner the better. I truly hope this happens.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm a 'Yes' unless the date conflicts with prior commitment, even if I need to drive to MA or other adjacent state.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Lets see if more commit to it
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#26]
No one else?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm interested in the class.  It just depends on when and where (and how much).
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm interested in the class.  It just depends on when and where (and how much).

Ditto.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Will get all info and let you know how much it is.

I know all payment is made direct to Blackwater prior to the class being set up.

Thank you for the interest
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Come on guys, this isn't something that comes around everday.

Riese
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:06:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Come on guys, this isn't something that comes around everday.

Riese

Not everyone can afford to just take time off whenever they want.  I'm a military instructor and if this class falls on one of my class dates then I won't be able to attend.  As for cost, I'm also saving up to buy a house so if the class is too expensive then I'll have to reconsider.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:41:31 AM EDT
[#32]
OK I'll bite pending the details - so put me down as a definate maybe
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I should have details after the first week in Jan.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Just to let those who e-mailed me know...Hope to know by end of week or next week more info on Price and if it could be done in a shorter time then waiting so many months. I am sure if enough people want it they would do it out here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Here is the info.

Bushmaster Carbine Armorer Course

(Two days)

Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of carbine operation, including zeroing-in

Class Size: 16

This course is designed for the professional who wants the designation Carbine
Armorer. The Bushmaster/Blackwater Armorer course is the premier Carbine
Armorer course in the United States and is the benchmark certification for the
industry. Each student will receive, upon successful completion, a
Bushmaster/Blackwater three-year certification.

Gear Requirements: Each student must bring their own AR15 style weapon,
Armorer’s kit*, hammer, flat-head screwdriver, and 50 rounds of carbine
ammunition.

*Contact Bushmaster (207-892-3594) to order your Armorer kit. Tell them you
are taking the Blackwater course and you will receive a discount off the commercial
price of your kit.

Bushmaster Standard Armorer’s Tool Kit:

A standard selection of indispensable tools for all AR15 assembly, disassembly, and maintenance
procedures (choose from A1 or A2 version – tools differ). Kit includes: dual slot barrel vice jaw blocks, drift
punches, barrel wrench, 200-page technical manual, sight tool, cleaning kit, receiver push-pin tool, and assorted
springs, pins, screws, and caps.

Bushmaster Deluxe Armorer’s Tool Kit:

A complete tool kit for all necessary repairs and installations (choose from A1 or A2 version – tools
differ). Kit includes: All parts from the Standard Kit plus heavy duty tele-stock wrench, go/no-go and field
headspace gauges , firing pin protrusion gauge, receiver push-pin tool, and assorted springs, pins, screws, and
caps.

Bushmaster Master Armorer’s Tool Kit:

Tool AR assembly/disassembly tools for the professional! Includes: Armorer’s action block kit, lower
receiver vice block, heavy-duty universal Armorer’s wrench, barrel vise jaw blocks, drift punch set, rifle cleaning
kit, .223 headspace gauges, go/no-go field headspace gauge, firing pin protrusion gauge, A1 and A2 sight tools,
heavy-duty tele-stock wrench, 200-page M16 A1 Marine Corp. technical manual, M16 A1 technical manual,
Armorer’s video, Tetra Gun Care kit, two complete spring packages (with carbine and rifle buffer springs), and
assorted pins, detents, screws, and caps for fast and foolproof assemblies and installations.

Course Cost: $450.00 (Includes training and lunch each day). Bunk in four-man
room and breakfast is available for additional $80.00 each person; semi-private room
and breakfast additional $110.00 each person; private room and breakfast additional
$150.00. Lodging is subject to 13% NC sales tax.

Now this is if you are taking it there. The rest of the e-mail sent to me is

This provides all the info.  The course is exactly the same as taught here if you have a range available.  This is a hands-on course so each student needs their own tool kit and weapon, and space to disassemble the weapon (i.e. one table per student).

Willie Washburn

Customer Service Representative

Blackwater USA

[email protected]

252-435-0075

What I need to find out is if I can use my Gun Club or the PBA's room. If I can that would give us a range right on site. If I could do that and it would be OK with you guys to travel to Freeport LI.
I am also going to check out at Mitchell Field which is a Nassau County range. That place is near Hofstra University in UnionDale Long Island.
Also what would be the best month for everyone to do this.  Again I need to get at least the minimum people or 16. Anything over that they split and do another class.

Now if I can't get into these places we have no range to play around on and I guess I would try for the Legion Post out by me or see if BlackWater has a place they know of. The other Alternative is if anyone of you guys knows a place with a range that would do it. I have no problems having to travel into CT, NJ or close by. The thing with that is what is legal to bring into the State from NY.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#36]
So long as the date works I'm there. I hear Mitchell field is big $$ to rent but that is just rumor and conjecture.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Still in if its on LI or close.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Let me know the dates and location, I'm in.  Either Freeport or Uniondale is an easy commute for us her in Connecticut.  One question, if we bring our own rifle, does it have to be post ban?  Does New York have a state assault weapon ban like Connecticut, and if so, ie there an LE exemption?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#39]
New york still has an AWB, so you must be post ban compliant, or have a clearly documented pre-ban receiver, but it is sticky and I'd strongly advocate having a ban compliant upper no matter what lower you have.

NJ is the same, except actual AR-15 labelled receivers are not allowed, and there are no exceptions for any banned features, you must have what amounts to a post-ban gun that doesn't say AR-15 on it. Bushmaster XM-15 etc are all fine.

I could probably get use of the NJARPC facility, clubhouse, and range, with plenty of tables for at least 25 particpants, but it is about an hour northwest of New York City in the upper corner of NJ. That's a plus for people coming from some places, a minus for others, but it is an option. But it may be essentially free location if I can spin it correctly, and could probably get a fair number of additional participants from from high power shooting league to round out class size.

Regardless of location, I'd like to propose a weekend - that will net us the highest number of participants all around. And preferably not a holiday weekend, since that gets many of us into family travel plans etc.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Let me know the dates and location, I'm in.  Either Freeport or Uniondale is an easy commute for us her in Connecticut.  One question, if we bring our own rifle, does it have to be post ban?  Does New York have a state assault weapon ban like Connecticut, and if so, ie there an LE exemption?

There is a LE exception with the AWB (PL 265 Sub section B). If it applies to out of state LEO's I dont know.

Riese
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#41]
...Just keeping it on top.

I am also going too see if I can use the Bethpage Range. There should be enough room upstairs for tables and at least there is a 100yd Tube system to use for shooting after.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Edpmedic. as you know I'm a weekend range officer at Brookhaven Shooting range. I just talked to my boss and said he didn't see a problem with having it here. We have the large picnic area with a roof overhead.  Plenty of tables for everyone. I don't know what he'll charge but email me if interested with your phone # or if  your free tomorrow I'll be working there all day. Stop in if you can.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#43]
E-mail sent will try to grt to you tomorrow also
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Keeping this where I can see it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#45]
edpmedic:

Let me know as  soon as you get firm dates for the class and any hint as to the location.  I'm sure that I can produce two and maybe three bodies for the armorer's class.  Long Island is easily doable for us up here in CT.  Once I get info on course dates and location, I can provide you with a definite number of attendees.  Thanx much.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Great....
by the end of this month I will know if I have at least a place and then I will let them knoow at Black Water.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Well I should find out next meeting at Freeport and if we can use it. I am still working on this and didn't forget.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Good work and thanks for the update.  I appreciate the effort and I'm still in.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:55:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Edpmedic. I was just talking about  the class yesterday to a range regular & you can add him to your list also.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#50]
edpmedic:
Thanx for all the legwork on this class.  I know what a pain in the can it can be to set these things up.    I'm still in with two or three other attendees.  Let us know once you,ve got a preliminary location and date.  Depending on the class dates, I'll be able to give a firm number of persons attending.  Long Island is an easy commute for those of us in Fairfield County.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top