Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 9:20:18 PM EDT
6 months from now I'll will be relocating to a new house. Old address will become history, I got my FID for 5.5 months. do I have to wait that long again just to change address? I wish I'm already moving to PA, but wife and me decided to stay until retirement. Any info?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't take as long as the first time but it depends on how your town does things. Mine took 2 1/2 months when I moved two blocks away!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I moved 1 town over.

It took 30 days for the new FID.

The old FID was still good until they issued the new one.

No big deal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The law does say that you have 30 days to change the address, so the FID should be good during that period.  Your DL needs to be changed within 7 days of moving.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#4]
good to hear that FID would not expire as soon as you move out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top