Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 7:50:37 PM EDT
Hey Gents,

First time hunting in 1C this year and I was wondering if anyone had any personal favs' as in location.  Making my reservation on monday and have no clue where to go.  Lottery number is pretty low.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
reservation?  lottery number?   what the hell do you guys do down in 1C?  up here in western ny .. genesee county area... we just pack up the fellas jump in the truck head to the farm.  start the push and have about 300 lbs of deer to freeze by the end of the night..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha ha shott.  Go on the DEC website and check out Long Island Big Game Hunting and see just how asinine it is hunting for deer that look eye to eye with a collie here on Lawnguyland.
With the Dems down here we are lucky to even register for a drawing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Anywhere in the Rockypoint area. Many deer there,also many hunters. Otis pike(Navy Co-op) is good lots of land/deer not too many hunters because it has some "big" woods and the terain is up and down. Not for most "lazy" hunters. I'm going to register the 21st, good luck! If you really want to hunt LI, you gotta hunt the bow season from Oct.1st-Nov 1st. No check in and check out BS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I know.  I just haven't gotten into bow hunting yet.  I'll be registering tomorrow.  First time out on LI.  I had heard that Rocky Point was a bit too crowded.  I've hunted hills in the Adirondacks before, is the elevation at Otis really that bad?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
No,not at all. It's just like I said "hilly". I've done alittle hunting around Indian Lake up in the "Daks" Similar territory if you know the area. Yes RP is a little crowded but it does also help in deer movement. You'll see when you get out there, RP  is good for people w/o  4x4's. Otis Pike in some areas you will need 4 wheel drive. Just beware of the boundries set by the DEC in each # spot.Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. BTW where did you get a spot and what date? If u have any questions give me a shout [email protected].
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Will be in Otis Pike on the 10th
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top