Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 5:33:39 PM EDT
hey guys...i think im ready to start peicing my first toy / build together.  i was wonderin if any of you fellow new yorkers know of any shops that sell stripped or loaded lowers?  perferably in western ny... hopefully anything west of syracuse..avoiding the city of syracuse all together if possible....  the hunting shops in town i asked looked at me like i was a god damn majik show.. appauled that i wanted to order an AR15 part...  anyway... any and all links/info would be cool!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a couple of options.

1) Not sure how close to Buffalo you are, and how bad you want to purchase a lower face to face but you could try Buffalo Gun Center on Harlem Road. They have alot of good stuff there but it is way overpriced. These guys wrote the book on price-gouging.

2) Use the FFL search on Gunbroker.com and get yourself hooked up with a dealer that you can trust. You can then purchase a lower from the for sale forums here and at other sites, but obviously this would be the most cogent choice as this is the pre-eminent home of the ar-15 on the web. The dealer can fax, send or email his FFL license number to the seller and have a lower sent to him where you would go and do the ATF papperwork. I did several transfers with a dealer out of NorthTonowanda and would highly suggest him if you are in that area. I can give you details via PM or Email

The going rate for FFL's is about $20-$30.  I would look into "Mega Lowers" in the for sale forum from seller "Iblis". $89 for a stripped lower and  $149 with a LPK installed.When i first got into the ar15 game, i bought 2 from him and the lowers as well as customer service were both top notch. You wont be dissapointed.

Good luck
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at a show in Cheektowaga this weekend.  Complete Bushmaster lower, including stock for about $250.   I almost got it, but then all I could do is build yet another New York legal AR.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys... i live in genesee county... so buffalo isnt too far..ill check out gunbroker.com and find an FLL..   thankgs again fellas!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
hmm. GEM Sports/Ra-Lins has AR15s on the rack in Syracuse.

Rochester, try ProGun in Victor.

I believe the  Rochester  Jan. gunshow should be coming up. Haven't seen a date yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
my buddies dad asked me if i wanted to go to that show but he didnt know the date either..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#6]
If the seller is in NY you can get it shipped directly to your house, I believe.  I don't see why a shop anywhere in NY wouldn't just ship it directly to you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If the seller is in NY you can get it shipped directly to your house, I believe.  I don't see why a shop anywhere in NY wouldn't just ship it directly to you.

A private sale is OK, but a buyer from a shop/FFL has to fill out a 4473.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A private sale is OK, but a buyer from a shop/FFL has to fill out a 4473.

oh ok...sorry for the bad info.  Thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]
"You can get any thing you want at Alices restaraunt from Ralph Flint
If he's still around, he has lots of AR stuff.

Wait one:..... OK, flame suit on.

Seriously, Eagle Arms has a decient price for AR lowers and a list of FFL's on file in NY.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The show at the Dome in Henrietta is January 7 - 8.  Not as big as the spring or fall show, but it's only three miles from home.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
We are located in Lancaster, New York and carry Rock River Arms Stripped lowers for $109.95. You can contact us directly at (716)684-7779. They are also listed on our brand new website at www.ddsranch.com
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks guys...me and my buddy prolly go to the Henrietta show... last one i went to was the Alexander show .. witch is always "fun"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top