Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2005 4:38:31 PM EDT
The next training module with Chris Fry is scheduled for December 10th, noon to 4PM. The format will be 3 hours of firearms training, last hour of combatives. The firearms portions will be held regardless of snow, so be prepared for the elements.

I believe the firearms format will be either pistol or carbine, or both if you are experienced with transitions.

Chris Fry will be along shortly with more info.
Link Posted: 11/10/2005 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Im in. Gotta take a Civil Service Test at Henninger at 9am. I should be there by the start of events. I was going to email a suggestion to Chris, but while I have the floor i guess i will post it here. What is the feasibility of doing a tactical shotgun course? Not that training with Pistol's and carbine's isnt what the doctor ordered, but most people you meet have a shotgun and may someday have to use it to defend themselves. It should be fairly straightforward as there are many salient points from our carbine training which could easily be transferred to scattergun shooting principles. Ammo is pretty reasonable and in any case shouldnt exceed 75-100 rounds (from my previous experience). Just an Idea,
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 4:36:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Adirondack47- Sadly I have had limited training with that weapon system. Some, but not enough to feel comfortable teaching or presenting.  You are very correct that most if not all of the training you have done with us is applicable to the Shotgun as well. That is why PFC prefers the title Fighting With Firearms because of the universal application.

At the 2004 PFC Fighting With Firearms course we had in Woodgate NY I ran the entire class with my Glock17 and Remington 870. Two other guys in the class ran it with some sweet high ticket Benelli's (boy were they nice!-  I forget what models).

Anyway, my suggestion is to bring one and if you can keep it running (reloaded) then go for it. You will have to pay for extra carboard backers thogh!!! Maybe Marc or one of the other guys can teach us a little about reloading and manipulations.
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The fourth of our PFC/MDTS Workshop Series held at the Otisco Lake Rod & Gun Club in Skaneatles, N.Y. this class will address Progressive F.O.R.C.E. Concepts PROTOCOM 300+400 level material while following the Fighting With Firearms concepts of universal weapons application. Bring your handgun, bring your carbine, or bring and use both. The focus of this training is on the operator, not the tool. Following the live fire firearms module will be a thorough review and hands on application of the defensive tactics/combatives principles and techniques presented in our previous workshops to prepare trainees for a 4 hr. Defensive Tactics/Combatives only workshop to be held in early 2006.  

Workshop topics include but are not limited to:
Ready/Dynamic Contact Position, New Shooting Responses, Introduction to one handed pistol operation, Close Tactical Shooting, Reactive and turning movement, Multiple threat engagement, Defensive Tactics/Combatives Concepts, Verbal and Physical Boundary Setting for Unknown Contacts, The Assault Response Model, S.W.A.M.P., Hard Skills and more…

*NOTE- A HEAVY EMPHASIS WILL BE PLACED ON THE CLOSE TACTICAL SHOOTING MODULE OF THIS WORKSHOP.

TIME:
Noon-4pm

EQUIPMENT:
Pistol or Carbine
Strong side holster
Minimum 3 extra magazines
Magazine Pouches/ Load Bearing Vest
Minimum 300rnds Pistol or Carbine Ammunition
Eye and Ear Protection
Bad Weather Gear- we will shoot rain or snow

PRICE:
$45 Pre-register – Please e-mail me for mailing address
$35 Law Enforcement/Military
$55 Day of Event

Please contact me with any questions or concerns about this workshop- [email protected]

See you in December.

Chris Fry

Link Posted: 11/11/2005 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe Marc or one of the other guys can teach us a little about reloading and manipulations.

I have not had any formal training with a shotgun. I do have a Benelli M1 Super90 tactical which is a fine piece of equipment. It would be fun to break it out and run up the cardboard backer bill

Link Posted: 11/11/2005 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]
since i missed the last one, im going in tonight to see if my boss will give me time off for this. Sounds like an excellent opportunity.

The guys who ran in the last class, what equipment problems did you encounter?

Hope to see some people shoot up some shotguns, that would be interesting to watch
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Count me in, Chris.  Tried my hopped up 870 informally at Otisco - bowling pins at 10 feet were really fun!! hat

See you then.

Chickenwing

Link Posted: 11/11/2005 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#7]

I sadly will miss this training session. I am on call that day (and night).

Have fun guys. Will see you guys at the next workshop that I can make it too.

-lc
Link Posted: 11/11/2005 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys,  sounds like this is going to be a good one. Barring any unforseen conflicts, I think you can count me in.  I told my wife about this new workshop coming up and she said "Wow, it sounds awesome! You're going, arent you?!"  This, after a conversation last week (during a prolonged power outage) wherein she told me she thinks we should start stocking up on ammo, and that we really need to get a good emergency kit together in the basement.  Gotta love this girl...

Jonesin' to get out again. Think I'll shoot this one with my G23.

Steve C.
Link Posted: 11/12/2005 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#9]
If your gonna bring your shotguns guys then bring your own backers!!! Lets keep it limited to the pistols and carbines for now. Maybe sometime in the spring we can bring somebody else in to do a Shotgun class.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Guys, Steve has posted the PFC 2006 schedule. Make sure you go to www.pfctraining.com
ASAP and reserve your spot for the June 3+4 class at Otisco Lake Rod & Gun in Skaneatles N.Y.. It looks like this class will fill quickly. The crew that comes from CT has already taken 4 of the spots in the class. Steve has told me that he will be bringing in 3-4 additional instuctors for this class! I think its gonna be a killer weekend!

Link Posted: 11/21/2005 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#11]
BTT.  Guys, please notify Chris if you have not already done so.

Also, the June class is June 10-11th.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If your gonna bring your shotguns guys then bring your own backers!!! Lets keep it limited to the pistols and carbines for now. Maybe sometime in the spring we can bring somebody else in to do a Shotgun class.  Thanks!

May I suggest Randy Cain for such a class?

Randy Cain's Link: http://www.randycain.com/page10.php

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Shotguns are neat, but I'm convinced a carbine is a better mousetrap for home defense. I don't think I personally would be willing to spend big bucks on a shotgun course. However, I would be willing to have a "shotgun day" at the club to work them out a bit. We can do this on our own aside from the MDTS module if enough people are interested.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow that s a good price for that class where is this club...How far upstate is this?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wow that s a good price for that class where is this club...How far upstate is this?

The club is ~20 miles SW of Syracuse, NY. See my past module reviews in the Tactics/Training forum.

Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Guys, if you are in for this course please e-mail me at [email protected] ASAP.  I am trying to get a firm number of attendee's.

Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in either as a safety officer or as a participant. E-mail me Chris if I need to bring extra gear.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:57:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm in either as a safety officer or as a participant. E-mail me Chris if I need to bring extra gear.

You get to shoot this time, big fella

Guys, we are also thinking of grabbing dinner afterwards. Keep this in mind, if interested.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#21]
CAKE!? Did somebody say Cake?
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Just as long as we are able to consume charred murdered animal flesh....Where did you have in mind?
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, "Franks" is close if we want that. Beats starving Also a good pizza/wing restaurant about 6-7 miles further south down on Otisco Lake. This is in the opposite direction for everyone to go home. Skaneateles is likely too crowded on a Saturday. Could also go to Fairmount Tullys, Fresnos, or Applebys. Close to 690/ThruWay for out of town guys...we can decide Saturday.

There are also a couple medium-end restaurants close to the club, Marietta House amd Footprints on the Lake. These are roughly $20+ per person entrees, I think.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm going to miss you guys!

Ed, I was going to scan your pic and out it on "Fred" for the last hour of the class. You will be there in spirit!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#26]
We're gonna miss you as well Ed!

Marc, in honor we can just shorten Fred's name to Ed for this session...... if thats ok with Ed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Now now, we didnt say that! We just want you around. If not physicly than in spirit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
At the 2004 PFC Fighting With Firearms course we had in Woodgate NY I ran the entire class with my Glock17 and Remington 870. Two other guys in the class ran it with some sweet high ticket Benelli's (boy were they nice!-  I forget what models).

Doc had an M1 Super 90 and did some damage to Ted with it, as I recall.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#31]
HEY Racer! Hows things in CT?

I did some damage to Ted in the parking lot of Babe's as you recall........but lets not talk about that here.

How you been bud? You and G coming up in June?????  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Things are busy here in CT.  PFC has a nice schedule for 2006 and looking forward to heading west.

Yes, G and I will be there in June, no question.

Yes, I remember Ted in the parking lot.  I can post a picture, if you like...

Give me a ring when you have a chance this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Guys in NY, a bunch of you met Racer and his brother the CT state trooper and lady killer G last May at the Skaneatles event. A couple of the best guys you could ever know and top notch shooters!  I look forward to seeing them in June or sooner!

Perhaps Racer will bring part of his arsenal!!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Guys in NY, a bunch of you met Racer and his brother the CT state trooper and lady killer G last May at the Skaneatles event.

Lady Killer G?  Not any more, those charges were dropped for lack of evidence.

A couple of the best guys you could ever know and top notch shooters!

Thanks, Chris!

I look forward to seeing them in June or sooner!

Likewise.  Next time you are down in this area, beers are on me.

Perhaps Racer will bring part of his arsenal!!! post pics of Ted and I having a romantic moment in a parking lot.

Just a slight correction.  I will see about bringing more toys with me to the event in June.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread needs pics, or not
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I am glad to hear you are in the hands of this very professional instructor:

May God help you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#37]
THANK YOU RACER -FOR THAT!
If nobody shows up for the Workshop this weekend I blame YOU! hat

Speaking of the class this weekend guys, a lot of you are hunters and know how to dress in cold weather. For those who are not or do not know:
-Bring good boots since we will most likely be standing in the snow for a few hours
-Gloves are a good idea and the thinner the better, if you have never shot with gloves on before you will see why. Paintball gloves can be purchased at Dicks Sporting goods since its to late to order some type of tactical glove.
-Weather forecast looks ok so far- in the 30's. Layer your clothing for extended time in the cold and wind. Several thinner layers are better than one heavy coat.

If you guys have Blue Guns that match your carry pistol- bring them.

See you all Saturday.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Chris, went you told me you went "full power contact"  on Fred, that wasn't quite what I pictured  

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Chris, went you told me you went "full power contact"  on Fred, that wasn't quite what I pictured  hr

Ted was asking for it
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Hey guys,
Looks like I'm not going to make it this weekend. My dad passed away early Sunday morning after a brief hospitalization for pneumonia.  He was a navy veteran of WWII, a hell of a sweet guy, and a source of pride for me for as long as I can remember.  Although all the services and funeral will be well over by the weekend, I think I'll hang with my family.

Was looking forward to getting out with my just-purchasd Colt LE6920 (on a preban lower, of course),  but I'm sure I'll get out with you guys for the next one.

Take care fellas, and have a great time.

Steve C.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Sorry to hear that Steve...

Take care of your family first.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Very Sorry Steve, There will be plenty of other times to shoot. Take care.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#43]
A projected high of 35F and partly sunny for tomorrow. Can't ask for more than that this time of year.

See you guys tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Any pictures from this guys? I mean other than Chris F. Man-Ramming a training dummy...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Any pictures from this guys? I mean other than Chris F. Man-Ramming a training dummy...

Fry will have a tough time living down that picture. Poor ted

a47, you missed a great training module. Defensive shooting from 0-5', plus some force on force drills on gun retention. Really good stuff. (and no training dummies were hurt in the duration of this course!).

Next class will be an indoor combatives module. With training dummies...

This could get ugly....

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Fry will have a tough time living down that picture. Poor ted

In Mr Fry's defense, I was witness to the acts in the parking lot and behavior in the "lounge" prior.  There were "adult beverages" involved and Ted was coming onto Chris, while dressed "inappropriately".  Ted was asking for it.

Next class will be an indoor combatives module. With training dummies...

Bringing Matt, again?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:34:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Poor Matt!

Actually, we will be beating the hell out of FrEd this time, as well as our training partners.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:12:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top