Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 4:08:25 PM EDT
Ok first....why exactly won't they ship certain targets to NY?  I have never had a problem getting basic silhouette targets at any gunstore or even Mitchell Field, so is there some kind of obscure law that prevents them from being shipped here? or are they just being a pain?

Second question, I see that they have the lake city .223 ammo for sale and its advertised as XM193, but I thought in another thread I saw that someone wrote that Sportsmans Guide sells the PD version of the Lake City ammo....so are they just not advertising the ammo as the PD version?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the targets. SG only carries XM193PD or XM855PD. Their advertising is misleading.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You'd be well advised not to do business with Sportsmans Guide.  If for no other reason it will cause you to receive more junk mail than you ever thought possible.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
but..... i feel so loved when i come home from work and see 8 catalogues in my mailbox everyday...but in all seriousness I have ordered stuff before from cheaperthandirt and sportsmansguide...mostly ammo, but a few other items as well.  For the most part I've been pretty satisfied with my purchases from them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got 2000 rounds of Lake City .223 62gr green tip from them. 1000 rounds was $189.97. That is if you are a club member. I did it over 4 payments since I got some other stuff.

My next buy from them is a ATN PS-14 Gen 2 NV scope.
Someone I know has one mounted on a M4 with a Aimpoint and it works great. He has had no problems due to recoil and for the amount I would use it Gen 2 is good enough. $1259.97 over 4 payments.

The other NV which is Gen 1 is a ATN Aries MK-390 for $521.97.

Go to www.sportsmanguide.com and use Ammo has keyword search.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You'd be well advised not to do business with Sportsmans Guide.  If for no other reason it will cause you to receive more junk mail than you ever thought possible.

Funny that you would bring that up.  I have never purchased anything from them yet I get all their catalogues.  Capital One is by far the worst.  We get several CC solicitations from them every week.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny that you would bring that up.  I have never purchased anything from them yet I get all their catalogues.  Capital One is by far the worst.  We get several CC solicitations from them every week.

I think I've received enough Capitol One magnets to cover my whole fridge
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually made a "throw down" wallet filled with fugazie Cap One credit cards and some singles that I carry around incase someone tried to rob me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I actually made a "throw down" wallet filled with fugazie Cap One credit cards and some singles that I carry around incase someone tried to rob me.

good idea
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Capitol One is a pain.

I have asked them to stop sending me stuff. So now I just mail back empty forms or save all the junk and send it back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Back at my previous address I couldn't believe how much stuff started coming in after I ordered from them.  Moving solved that problem
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Well right now I'm gonna use SG to order a few archery stuff. I bought a whole bunch of stuff at Dick's yesterday. Cheaper than SG too when you pay sales tax instead of shipping even with club membership.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Capitol One is a pain.

I have asked them to stop sending me stuff. So now I just mail back empty forms or save all the junk and send it back.

Did you use the Credit Bureaus OPT OUT system?

www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/optoutalrt.htm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top