Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 4:47:55 PM EDT
Next week I am flying into Newark and heading to Ft. Monmouth to conduct a bit of business.  Is there anything I should know about flying into Newark?  Is there anything fun to do around Monmouth?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, don't get lost in Newark.

I've flown into Newark.. its much easier to get out than JFK. (I assume you're renting a car?)

You're pretty close to the beach...

www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&address=&city=Fort+Monmouth&state=NJ

Asbury Park and Sandy Hook are two awesome places to visit.. I would defintely try to go there. I don't know if you're into drag racing, but, "English Town Raceway Park" (its near Freehold) is a nice place to check out the cars. They're having a event either this weekend.. or next, I don't remember.

Thats all that there is to do in that area, that I know of. The beach (if you decide to go there) shouldn't be that crowded, as its after labor day and most people have taken their vacations.

Are you in Army? What do you think of the DOD's decision to close down Ft. Monmouth?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Not in the army, but I work for a contractor that has a lot of the Army commnications contracts.  I am going up there to pimp my newest ideas to the command.  Monmouth's closing doesn't affect me directly but it will move the personnel from there to perhaps Ft. Gordon to consolidate the Signal Corps.  So then I just drive to Augusta instead of fly to Jersey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top