Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 5:03:03 PM EDT
Why am I not surprised. Does Forrester stand a chance or will the voters forget come election time???
Do we really think Peter Harvey will do a "fair " investigation? He's nothing but a Democrat lackey,
Still think elections are the way to solve this country's troubles? I don't.!

» More From The Jersey Journal  

State GOP: 4,755 deceased people cast ballots in November elections
Friday, September 16, 2005
TRENTON - New Jersey Republicans yesterday called for a review of the state's election rolls, saying a four-month investigation by the party uncovered widespread irregularities.

More than 6,500 voters cast ballots both in New Jersey and another state in last November's election, while 4,755 ballots were cast by deceased voters, Republican State Committee Chairman Tom Wilson said.

In addition, 54,601 people are registered to vote in two New Jersey counties, and 4,397 of them cast ballots in both places last fall, Wilson said.

The party delivered a letter with its findings to Attorney General Peter Harvey's office, asking for a probe before Oct. 11, the last day New Jerseyans can register to vote before the Nov. 8 election.

In light of voter registration problems that surfaced in Florida in 2000 and in Ohio and Washington state last fall, Harvey should take an aggressive approach in New Jersey, Wilson said.

"Some people have chosen to ignore those clear and compelling warning signals, and that's what we've done here - taken a laissez-faire and lax attitude to enforcing and rooting out voter problems," Wilson said in a news conference.

Thursday's letter asked for Harvey to respond by Sept. 23. Otherwise, Wilson said, the party may seek a court order to compel better enforcement.

Harvey spokesman Lee Moore said the Election Law Enforcement Commission would review the Republicans' assertions to determine what course of action, if any, is appropriate.

"The attorney general is committed to making sure that election laws are enforced and making sure they are in all manners aboveboard," Moore said.

Democratic U.S. Sen. Jon Corzine and Republican businessman Doug Forrester are running for New Jersey governor this fall. While Wilson predicted a close race - making electoral integrity critical - for months polls have been predicting a healthy lead for Corzine.

The State Democratic Committee dismissed the opposition's conclusions.

"If the Republican Party conducted the investigation, it's safe to assume that the facts and figures are wrong and the findings are suspect," Democratic spokesman Richard McGrath said. "If an investigation is needed, it should be done the right way, not the Republican way."
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
On the plus side, if the dead are voting, that means ZOMBIES are real!  

I'm sure this will be investigated further, I can feel the public outrage throughout NJ    <crickets>  <crickets>  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
On the plus side, if the dead are voting, that means ZOMBIES are real!  

I'm sure this will be investigated further, I can feel the public outrage throughout NJ    <crickets>  <crickets>  

Post 130 - Holymoly zbrane.

Why in Italian they have "morte de famae" (the dead eat) in NJ the dead VOTE. I see nothing wrong with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top