Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:53:13 AM EDT
    Looking to get a M1 from CMP and it says that they ship right to your house. I thought this was against the law in NJ (and elsewhere)? If they do, do I still need to do that certificate of eligibility that us NJ people have to do? Just want to make sure I don't get in trouble here. Thanks for the help and info in advance.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Speaking for NY, they do ship directly to your house. There is a waiver to perform a background check on the order form which you have to sign. Email CMP directly and run it by them. Im sure they are very familiar with the process and could help you out greatly. Good Luck and buy fast, prices just went up today on Rack and Field Grades as well as shipping.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm from NJ, before getting mine I e-mailed them your exact question.  They explained along the lines that their charter from congress allows it.  You must be eligible to buy long arms in you state, which probably means a NICS check, and they want a copy of your FID card.  IIRC an adult signature is required.  Note:  you must get one!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you must send a copy of your NJ FIDC. They do the NIC's check and the rifle will be Fedx'ed to your front door.
Here are my Greeks!!

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, it's just fine in NJ.  CMP just upped their prices, BTW.  Lucky I got mine last week for the old prices and old shipping, etc.  Even with the "new" prices, I still want to buy a few more someday.

Edit:  Also, CMP Garands no longer come with a sling (got mine, though).  Luckily, the slings are cheap online, and some people like to replace them with nice leather slings anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Guys. I do have my FID so sounds like it should be no problem....Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes, you must send a copy of your NJ FIDC. They do the NIC's check and the rifle will be Fedx'ed to your front door.
Here are my Greeks!!

www.huntingpictures.net/photo/002130

Hey Lugerman, very nice rifles...if you don't mind me asking...what grade are those? I'm thinking about getting a Garand from CMP myself, and I read the descriptions of the different grades on the website, but not exactly sure what that translates to when actually seeing a rifle.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Top two are SA Greek Rack grade. Both have bright shiny bores that gauges 3 and 4 respectively.
Third on down is a Service grade H&R with a TE of 1 1/2. Bottom one is also a Greek rack grade that gauged a 5. I had that one rebarreled with a Barnett match barrel in .308. All were purchased 18 months ago. If I were to buy any more I'd go Service grade because of barrel condition.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Top two are SA Greek Rack grade. Both have bright shiny bores that gauges 3 and 4 respectively.
Third on down is a Service grade H&R with a TE of 1 1/2. Bottom one is also a Greek rack grade that gauged a 5. I had that one rebarreled with a Barnett match barrel in .308. All were purchased 18 months ago. If I were to buy any more I'd go Service grade because of barrel condition.

Thanks Lugerman!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My Pleasure. Always happy to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top