Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 5:24:03 PM EDT
I have a guy who has a bunch of guns at his parents' house in Troy, NY.  He wants to get them down here but neither he nor his parents can travel.  He wants me to receive them for him.

His parents are elderly and are not gun people.  They live in Troy, NY-- near Albany.

Can anyone recommend a decent FFL in that area with fair pricing?

Thanks,

Mike
Distinction Arms
Gold Canyon, AZ
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
mike .. there are only 5 ffl's to speak of .. in that area ..
the only one in troy is NEUDECKERS firearms .. 2 brothers own it .. older one is ron .. younger is don .. they charge min of 30 for transfer .. if you dont have a gun lock they charge you for that .. an tax on top .. plus shipping ..
next is B&J guns .. aka american shooter supply .. owned by brian olesen i believe .. he is a good guy .. fair transfer prices .. does discounts in transfers for ar15 members ..  he has a shop on central ave in albany .. 15 miles or 20 west of troy ..  also he just opened a 2nd new shop up on rt 20 i believe in rensselaer .. ( south a few miles below troy along hudson river ) ..
zakks sporting goods .. 40 min north of troy in round lake..  never really delt with them .. and the farthest ..
then my personal favorite .. 1 of only 5 or so Class 2, type 7, ffl's in ny, SAM, Special Arms and Munitions in schenectady..
they arent so close either but are my favorite ..
if you want fast and close .. you can trust neudeckers .. they are strait ..  small shop but they know their ins and outs ..  
email me if you want details or need further help ..
chris
PS... i live on the other side of the hudson from troy ..   i would kno ..

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I like B&J's guns. Like Chrisp929 said they are right there in East Greenbush so they're not far from Troy
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you very much!

IM's inbound to appropriate parties...

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top