Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2005 1:18:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you Helldog. There is not a day that goes by that i dont think about that day and get a lump in my throat. I am still filled with anger and rage, i can honestly say that i will never forget. Stay Safe Everyone.............
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I will never forget the members of the NYFD, NYPD, PAPD and countless others who sacrificed their lives on 9-11 in order that others might live another day. Nor will I ever forget the other victims of 9-11 who were  on the ground or in the air that day.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I was driving thru the tunnel heading to the entrance saying to myself what a beautiful blue sky...... On my way to the cosi sandwich shop on the ground level to repair some lock in the store.........what a great day it was gonna be for me....... only one service call for the day, at the trade center all day doing nothing but checkin out ass......... then I exited the tunnel and I thought I was teleported into HELL........ it was a nightmare.....calling my wife to find out WTF...... tryin to drive out of there...... took about 4 hours to get uptown to the Tri-Borough Bridge..... tryin to get info from 1010WINS.......stopping to pick up friends I knew were in the city...... stuffing them into my work van .......... I still carry in my truck that work order for that day that was never completed.......As far as I'm concerned that day in my memory has never ended. God Bless all who died on the front lines that day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I Love you too Doggie.

Is sad but people are forgetting and some unlucky ones like me, remember and wish that at least the people close to us will care a little more to let us feel the pain once again.

Why is Bear talking like this?

Well this morning, like all the mornings of 09-11 I woke up kind of sad, I knew I will get into my "ritual" of checking the time every minute, and remembering what was going on 4 years ago.

My wife and daughter knowing this, decided to "take me" to the range to distract myself doing some target shooting. We get in the car and I changed the station to the news, my dear wife changes the station to music, I asked her if she would mind listening to the news. And then all hell broke loose, "Don't you get tired of listening to the same thing over and over again?" I know she is trying to shield me from reliving the event. I lost 12 co-workers and 18  more people I knew, I was supposed to be with them!

How can I make her understand, that the only thing I have left that connects me with those people is the pain of knowing they are gone, but that they are so alive in my memory. I do need to re-live that day and remember every face and names of the ones I knew.

We got to the range, we did not talk to each other the whole day and that was OK, I wanted to be left alone with my thoughts. So I went shooting today with my 30 buddies that exist in my memory and we had a great time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well, here it is the 11th again. Four years and all we have is a big-assed hole in the ground instead of two shiny new towers....<sigh> The first one could have been halfway up by now, but thanks to inept politicians we have a hole....

Anyways, remember where you were and how it was, hold your loved ones tight, and Never Forget.

Wave, Sherm, Ronin, ChrisLE, EDP, Balzac, Bear, .......I love you guys....stay safe.

Thank you for expressing my sentiments.  My heartfelt thanks and prayers go out to the NYPD, NYFD, PAPD and all who have suffered and will continue suffer due to this barbaric act.  I am saddend though that this is but a distant memory to some.   I will never forget this day and neither will my family.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Osama Bin Laden, your time is short;
We'd rather you die, than come to court.
Why are you hiding if it was in God's name?
Your just a punk with a turban; a pathetic shame.  
I have a question, about your theory and laws;
"How come you never die for the cause?"

Is it because you're a coward who counts on others?
Well, here in America, we stand by our brothers.

As is usual, you failed in your mission;
If you expected pure chaos, you can keep on wishing
Americans are now focused and stronger than ever;
Your death has become our next endeavor.

What you tried to kill, doesn't live in our walls;
It's not in buildings or shopping malls.

If all of our structures came crashing down;
It would still be there, safe and sound.

Because pride and courage can't be destroyed;
Even if the towers leave a deep void.

We'll band together and fill the holes
We'll bury our dead and bless their souls.

But then our energy will focus on you;
And you'll feel the wrath of the
Red, White and Blue.

So slither and hide like a snake in the grass;
Because America's coming to
Kick your ass!!!

By: Michael Kraus

NEVER FORGET
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I put this up in the GD, here.

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=389029
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:48:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Im a little dissapointed in the lack of mention of 9-11 in the Team forum and General discussion.

I guess that WE were are more effected by the attack. Some of us worked there and helped clean up. I was relocated for 6 weeks and was allowed to return to lower manhatten under heavy restrictions.

I can never forget...

The fireball of the second plane shooting-out above our heads. The millions of fucking papers flying through the air like confetti. An endless stream of men and woman jumping to their deaths..this really, really bothered me...even to this day.  The mass exodus of downtown Manhattan...you just cant beleive how many people work(ed) and lived there until you've seen them all leave at once. The SCREAMS and cries of men and woman when the south tower fell...I was on Water street about 4 blocks away. The sky turned grey after and it was soooo quiet...like being in a snow storm with no wind.

I think that it took me 4 hours to get home...a typical 45 minute ride. I found my 2 sons home alone. The schools let our early  and my wife was stuck too because the bridges were closed. My older son made cheese sandwiches and got bottled water, gathered up his little 8 year old brother and the cats and went down into the basement because he figured it was the safest place.

Never forget?

I couldn't if I tried.

Frank, I think, no, I KNOW this hit people in the New York City area a lot harder than any other group of people.

We are in the city everyday. We know the skyline. We can stare up from ground level and see a beautiful blue sky and be sad at the sight. Because we know what is missing from the scene. Two beautiful buildings that were a monument to what people can achieve.

I think it can be summed up by a NYPD officer that called into a radio talk show last night. They were discussing 9-11 and he said that while he was on duty a tourist came up to him asked "when do the festivities start?" Like he was expecting a parade.

The cop just walked away.

I will never forget!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I picked up my g/f from JFK last night at midnight and as I was driving north to the Whitestone
we saw the lights and she said to me that when they were circling the city that she thought that
was the closest she could get to my brother as she thought of him. I met her because she
knew him, they both worked for Cantor Fitz. allthough she's in CT. The CT. office could hear
the NY office on the open-line (traders) between offices. My brother was at work and had opened
his e-mail when the plane hit. 101 fl., Tower One. DNA ID'd the following August.
R.I.P. bro'
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I was kind of surprised to see what a minimal presence that the events of 9/11 had in the media outlets four years later. I was expecting more, but I guess people want to forget and move on.

I've been in EMS since '89 and I can tell you, there's always a way to help, be it the patient or their family or friends. On 9/11 there wasn't. No patients to treat. We stood by the south side of pile waiting to race in and get someone pulled from the rubble for hours upon hours. Nothing. Not one injured person. Everyone was dead. I couldn't believe looking across the massive expanse of the debris field that ther wasn't one person came out of the collapse alive.

I think they should have some reminder of the attack every day in the media.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Well, here it is the 11th again. Four years and all we have is a big-assed hole in the ground instead of two shiny new towers....<sigh> The first one could have been halfway up by now, but thanks to inept politicians we have a hole....

Don't remind me..

I put a link to a song in GD yesterday Have you forgotten

After watching the docudrama about flight 93 I was in tears.

I hve to say I did forget about all those people that died in the crash.

Thank you for your thoughts also. You all know from the first day how you guys helped me and I will never forget that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:56:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I think about it all the time - thanks for bringing it up like this, Helldog - the media might want us to forget it, but I never will....

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Forgotten?  Never... sometimes words just escape us.  Never forget, never forgive,
Always Avenge

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Was looking all over for this to post on the day but could not find it. Brings a tear to your eyes. High quality for broadband.

I Miss Daddy
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#24]
just  remember how united our country was on sept 12th 2001
now look at how divided we are ! the sheeple of America have short term memory loss. I feel as though I was personally attacked that day. that I will never forget, or forgive. It may be my downfall to be angry after  allthis time, but I say Kill em' all and let Allah sort em' out!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for posting, it's always hard, but we must not forget what happened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top