Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 11:16:45 PM EDT
9/1 was the date for NY and the rest of the north east to be able to get the 3 credit reports truly for free
www.annualcreditreport.com
they'll try to get you to sign up for extra stuff that costs, but the basic reports are free. just have to jump through some questions to confirm you're identity
Equifax used java to render the full report to be printed, so "save page" wouldn't work. But the full printer version from the other 2 agencies can be saved as a full webpage for later viewing
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]
FYI: You're entitled to one report from each of the three major credit bureaus every 12 months but you don't have to get them all at the same time.

"You are entitled to receive one free credit file disclosure every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies through the Central Source. It is entirely your choice whether you order all three credit file disclosures at the same time or order one now and others later. The advantage of ordering all three at the same time is that you can compare them. (However, you will not be eligible for another free credit file disclosure from the Central Source for 12 months.) On the other hand, the advantage of ordering one now and others later (for example, one credit file disclosure every four months) is that you can keep track of any changes or new information that may appear on your credit file disclosure. Remember, you are entitled to receive one free credit file disclosure through the Central Source every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies – Equifax, Experian and TransUnion – so if you order from only one company today you can still order from the other two companies at a later date."
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Free is good.

I pay a yearly fee for Equifax to watch my credit activity.  I get:

1. Monitoring of Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit reports
2. Automatic notification of changes to credit
3. Customizable alerts
4. Free 3-in-1 Credit Report
5. Unlimited Equifax Credit Reports
6. $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance

Last I checked, I had an 814 FICO Score.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd have a great score if it weren't for the fact that certain members of my family have opened up accounts in my name without telling me, and then proceeded to not pay (since their own credit was long gone at that point).

I finally figured out what was going on about two years ago and have obsessively monitored my credit since then. It'll take years to get it back to where it should be.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag and thanks Sharky.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I pay a yearly fee for Equifax to watch my credit activity.  I get:

1. Monitoring of Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit reports
2. Automatic notification of changes to credit
3. Customizable alerts
4. Free 3-in-1 Credit Report
5. Unlimited Equifax Credit Reports
6. $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance

Last I checked, I had an 814 FICO Score.

So how much does that cost?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top