Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 5:30:02 PM EDT
So, I heard earlier today on 1010wins radio that there were a few drop-off points set up around the Upper West Side with 18 wheelers to be loaded with donations of hard goods for hurricane relief.

The radio station asked you to drop off diapers, baby formula, canned food, bottled water, blankets and anything and everything that could be of use in hurricane relief efforts.

Looking around my house, I decided the best thing I could drop off would be a half dozen or so SA surplus .223 battlepacks.

I had a vision of how this would go - I walk up to the relief truck, the local TV news filming me to use as background footage for the 11pm human interest coverage:

Me:  I'm here to drop off relief supplies

Relief Worker:  Great, what are these?

Me:  That's 1800 rounds of .223 caliber ammunition for the M16/AR15 family of rifles.  I'll need a donation receipt for tax purposes please.

Relief Worker:  What?  (confusion)  Quick, call the cops, this guy's got a gun!

[pause as a member of NY's finest walks over]

Surly NYPD Officer:  What is that in the green pouches?

Me:  As I explained to the woman, it's ammunition for the relief efforts.  I gather from news reports it's in desperately short supply in New Orleans.

Surly NYPD Officer:  You can't donate ammo.  You can't even have ammo - this is New York City, only the cops can have ammo.  [reaching for cuffs]

Me:  Really?  Let me ask, if New Orleans had that rule, do you think the few remaining law abiding citizens would be able to defend themselves where armed gangs rove and there are no police in sight?  Will you guarantee me that you will be on duty to protect me the day the SHTF here in NY and I have to fight my way out of a city in chaos?

[Crickets chirping]

I wonder how the local news would cover this story?  Needless to say I didn't make the drop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have liked to see that on the 11 o'clock news

I think it would end with you in the back seat of a cop car

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
"Surly NYPD Officer: You can't donate ammo. You can't even have ammo - this is New York City, only the cops can have ammo. [reaching for cuffs"

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You are so right.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Surly NYPD Officer: You can't donate ammo. You can't even have ammo - this is New York City, only the cops and criminals can have ammo. [reaching for cuffs]"

Now it is accurate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Its so sad that you really can't have ammo.

(Unless you have a permit for a rifle in that cal.)
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Screw that I could use the ammo if your giving it away.

Now that people have been told they are going to be taken out by force has of today. I wonder if any are going to shoot at the cops to stay.
Up to this point we had a good thing going why LAW ABIDING people need guns to protect themself from the hoodlums.
If the LAW ABIDING people start shooting it will show why our guns should be taken away instead. Let us hope it is peaceful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top