Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 9:56:39 PM EDT
I'm finally home(well, at the in-laws) from Sloan. Things have gone a bit better than expected and I got out a day early due to quicker progress in the physical activity area.

First and foremost, Whatever happened between my pasty ass and FrankSquid...

I want to thank EVERYONE for the visits, prayers, well wishes, calls and the collection to help us out in a tight time.

Every visit just lifted me imeasurably. Seeing poeple from the board did wonders for me and filled a lot of voids. And it did wonders for ARFCOM's cred in my wife's eyes. Prior to this AR15.com was kind of a time wasterin her eyes, now I think she grasps the concept of what a family it truly is and how we really are there for each other when someone is in need. I don't think my wife or I could have guessed how much you all really helped out prior to going in to the hospital and I can't thank everyone enough for everything you all did for me.

Thanks especially to Hoplite for the visits, helping my family out in a tough situation with the death of my wife's aunt and helping her get to and fro in the following days. Thanks to FrankSquid for the visits and voodoo doll. Thanks to Frank(bear3351) for the visit and straightening out my busted cell phone.

As for the collection....

Thanks to Rob for running it and getting into see me to present it personally. It meant a lot to me. It was wholly unexpected. There were so many unfamiliar faces coming in every day invariably they were all docs who wanted to look at me, poke me(for medcal reasons) or look at my incision. So Rob was a welcome change, the Bushmaster shirt swas the first indicator I had the he wasn't a doc.

I was competely taken aback when I opened the card. I knew I drank a lot, but I didn't know the beer industry need me so much. The money will go a long way to backfill some voids created by expenses like meals, parking for the few days the car was in the city(25-45 bucks a day), taxis and a pile of other odds and ends, so again thanks to all.

I'd put your names here but the card is burued in my bag an I can't get to it now,

Also, what ever happened between my pasty hairy ass and Franksquid I'll blame on the Morphine, Dilaudid, Percoset and Fentanyl. Now I wasn't on all those drugs at once, but Frank visted a few times. so I'm saying I believe an excuse exists for each occurance.

So now it's two months of nothing really. I have to wait for the bone graft to heal up before I can PT and rehab.

Thanks again

Jon and family

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Great to hear you are doing well.  God bless.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I am glad to hear that you are doing better.  God bless you and you family and prayers for a complete recovery.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
EXCELLENT!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you're home and starting to feel better.
I'll throw a couple of 30 rounds mags down range for you.

Then I 'll go pick them up and shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey glad you got sprung  from the health jail a day early.

The word on the street is the squidman slipped you a roofie and taped the uh encounter.  You should expect to see the video making the rounds on the net soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I am glad you are finally home.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome home John! It is great to hear you are getting better. Take care I hope you and your family get back to "normal" soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Glad your out!!!

Im also glad your wife understands that we stick together! Afterall, who else is going to look after us misfits.

Oh, I spoke to your proctologyst....Dr Squid M.D., and he says your pooper is in ummmm, perfect health. I guess you didn't notice that he had BOTH hands on your shoulders during the exam?

I...uh......see there were a lot of drugs involved....like morphine and...uh...morphine, so I really can't accept any culpability for anything I may have done under the influence. Nor am I at liberty to discuss said events, were said event to actually take place, and hereto I can neither confirm nor deny at this particular point in time...

Wait I gotta go talk to Clinton's attorney for some more obfuscating language here...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Happy to hear everything went well for you!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Great to hear.
Best of luck with the recovery, you wil be back at the range in no time.  

^_^_^
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Glad to see you are home and doing better. Welcome back
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Hey phucko John, you never called back!

Lemme know when you're available to do stuff.

Fixed it phor you.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad you're doing better, Sherm...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad to see you finally got off your lazy ass and made it home. By the way, we're in the field next drill weekend...BE THERE!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey phucko John, you never called back!

Lemme know when you're available to do stuff.

Fixed it phor you.

That's Lawn Guyland talk for you Jersey man!

Oh, I got it. [=)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top