Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 7:56:26 AM EDT
wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=31156

New Driver's License Unveiled

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) -- New Yorkers age 25 and under, check your licenses. The state is introducing new driver licenses, and younger
residents are on an accelerated schedule to get them. It's part of an effort to reduce underage drinking.

Governor Pataki introduced the licenses today, saying they have enhanced technology that will make them nearly impossible to duplicate.

While New Yorkers 25 and under will get the new licenses on a faster schedule, all first-time applicants and renewals will get the new license starting September 1st.

The new design is similar to the state's license plate, featuring a banner with Niagara Falls, mountains, a rising sun and a city skyline.

www.wgrz.com/news/assets/license_types.pdf
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I shouldn't have to worry, I'm sure I'll be losing mine soon
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]

The new design is similar to the state's license plate, featuring a banner with Niagara Falls, mountains, a rising sun and a city skyline.

Sounds awful perdy.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sounds awful perdy.  

You can say it.  It's GHEY!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got my eight year renewal last year.  I hope they do not decide I have to go back and get it renewed early.  What a PITA...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
That in no way is going to stop underage drinking, just wasting money
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
how is this going to stop underage drinking?
when I was under 21 it was 2 license styles ago and in big letters it said "under 21" for those who couldn't do the math for the current date-birthdate
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
how is this going to stop underage drinking?
when I was under 21 it was 2 license styles ago and in big letters it said "under 21" for those who couldn't do the math for the current date-birthdate

They're trying to make it harder to make fake IDs, that's all. Oh, and they're compliant with the new national ID type thing I believe, unlike the current issue.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
don't need a fake id or chalk your actual one, just go to a bar near a college. my friend used the expired military ID of some chick that lived down the hall from her in the dorm. The only resemblence in the picture was that they were both blonde. She got into every bar near her college
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel bad.  When I was 18 you get drink legally in NY.  But than again, we were men at 18 back then.  My kids find it incredible that I could go and by booze while I was still in high school.  To borrow a phrase from the olden days about voting.  OLD ENOUGH TO FIGHT.....  OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A BEER!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
In the early 80s you could erase the year off your driver's license with a pencil and type over it.

chalk, and then red colored pencil for the new year was popular when I was in highschool in the mid 90s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top