Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 6:47:28 AM EDT
This may seem like an odd question but my interest in firearms is by no means genetic, and definately not peer induced.  In other words, I'm a newbie with no mentors.

Currently I drive 72 miles round trip to go shooting at a public outdoor shooting area, near the Tonawanda wildlife preserve(which is closer to Lockport than Tonawanda).  As you can guess I don't get much 'range time'.

Where do you guys shoot?  Indoor/Outdoor, paid/unpaid... makes no difference to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That is probably the easiest, cheapest place around here....

There are some gun clubs you can join, some private shoots, things like that...when I want to shoot, I go to my buddy Mike Hammonds farm, which is near the wildlife area....

Come out to the Gunshow in Clarence, September 10 and 11 (not too long now)...its a good place to get to know some guys, I always set up next to Mike, he deals mainly in milsurps with a fair amount of AK's, some black rifles, PTR, FAL's....always something neat.

Look for the big "FREE NICS CHECKS HERE" sign, as he always does them for the promoters...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
There are many paid membership gun clubs in the southtowns area. Whats your main shooting styles? Some clubs are more trap/skeet or pistol orientated. Not much beyond 200 yard range in the area. Here are a few off the top of my head:

Evans R&G in Evans/Angola area
Blasdell R&G in Hamburg
Holland R&G in Holland
Genesee Conservation in Holland
East Aurora R&G in E. Aurora
Zoar Valley in Springville

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top