Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 5:45:54 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a listing of AR friendly ranges in the lower NY area?  I am in Westchester, and the only range I know of (other then Calverton, which is a 2 hour drive) is Blue Mountain.  Problem is, BM is a County run range, and only allows 1 round at a time, and only bench shooting.  

I'd probably even join a private range, if it was the right combo of location/cost. etc.

Another question, I have seen/heard of AR shooting in NJ, however I thought that AR's are specifically banned in NJ, pre or post-ban.  Is there some exception I am unaware of?

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You also have Brookhaven, but that also is a 2 hour drive for you. Not to far from Calverton.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Try looking in this archived thread: archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=9&t=198612 The Wooster range in Danbury CT might be your best bet.

There are some private clubs in Putnam, Dutchess and Orange counties but I don't know if they are taking new members. Many of them also require sponsorship so you must know a current member.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Can I bring my evil pre and post ban AR's into PC Connecticut?

Mike
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  Can I bring my evil pre and post ban AR's into PC Connecticut?

Mike

Just as long as your evil preban is not a Colt.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, it's an evil Eagle...

Post bans are ok too?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
High Rock in CT.
http://www.hrsa.nu/HRSA_Directions.html
very friendly, 100yd range. check CT hometown froum for more inform.
I been going there for the last 3 mouths because Blue mts. smallbore range is under repair.
where are u in westchester? I am in Yorktown.
fourguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top