Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:52:12 PM EDT
Does anybody know what hours the Mitchell Field pistol range is open?

Thnks....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range

Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range at Mitchel Athletic Complex

Uniondale, Charles Lindbergh Boulevard
516-572-0420
Open: Monday-Friday & Sunday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
On-site staff: Yes

The Nassau County Rife and Pistol Range is the only such facility open to the public in the county. There are six ranges and 30 individual shooting points available, and targets can be set from 5 yards to 30 yards. Hunting safety classes are also offered. No membership fee is required. The range is located at the Mitchel Field Athletic Complex in the "Hub" area, just west of the Nassau Coliseum.

Please note that the Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range will be closed for renovation from July 1 through Labor Day, 2005.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I see I need to find an alternative range in Nassau County for pistol as they're closed until labor day...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would call to verify. You  would think they would close the range down for a month in the early spring or other off-period.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would call to verify. You  would think they would close the range down for a month in the early spring or other off-period.

Not possible. That would make sense....Alas, I will call to confirm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]
If it any help, suffolk county has an outdoor range. Huntington rt110 Its only about 20 minutes east of Mitchell Field. Not sure of their hours. Range fees are for the day, not the hour.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Its still closed.  
It was 7 dollars an hour to residents, 3.50 if a military ID or disabled or senior citizen.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]
ChrisLe..If you want I could take you to Bethpage Range. INdoor up to 75ft at one point. The rest are 50 ft but no FMJ's at those. Also 100 yd indoor tubes for rifle. All I know it was hot has hell down there last week. Let me know if you want to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top