Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 6:13:44 AM EDT
I just turned my front takedown spring into an unidentified flying object.  That and the fact that in replacing my worn compass lake trigger with a new chip mccormick unit, I now need a standard safety selector, (among a few other small parts) and I need to find a shop that has parts!  

Does anyone know of anyone who has small AR parts in lower NY?  I am in Westchester and would prefer not to have to drive two hours, but then, I really want to go to the range tomorrow to try out my new build.

Wouldn't mind an ARMS rail extension either...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to say man, you are SOL.  I've been keeping at least one lower parts kit on hand at all times.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if you're up for a trip to L.I. but you could try this place;
T & T GUNNERY  
3778 Merrick Rd
Seaford, NY 11783
Phone: 516-221-7380
Call first to see if they have what you want, they're open Sunday also.
L.I.E. to Route 135 south, 135 to last exit on that road, (don't speed!) follow the exit ramp
down to Merrick Rd. East for about 2 blocks, it's on the corner.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Seaford it a hike, but when you need something...  

Thanks very much for the info.  I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I gave up trying to find parts locally years ago, I mail order everything!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if you lost the front take down spring, did you also loose the detent pin?
DO you need the saftey selector or the spring and detent that retains it?
I keep small parts like the one you're talking about and could proabably mail them to you.
BEST BET is to order the parts from Brownells. They have a "flat-rate" shipping of six or seven dollars, and sometimes on request they will mail you really small stuff.
Brownells.com /schmatics/DPMS/lower parts
Let me know,
glenn
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
fp1201-

I actually got the parts from a local member - Raptor22, along with some other stuff.  A great guy to deal with.  In the future, I will have backups...

Thanks for the offer though...

Mike
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you, Mike.  It was a pleasure dealing with you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Vic,  I just posted...  You beat me to it!

Nice day at the mountain, btw.  .75" @ 100m...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Ugh. I remember breaking the fork on the bolt spring of the Ruger MkII. It was then I learned to always wear eye protection when you're doing a disassembly. The thing flew off and gouged a 17" LCD monitor . I was thinking "that could've been my eye!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top