Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 4:06:32 AM EDT
forums.delphiforums.com/n/docs/docDownload.aspx?guid=61089776-5EBE-4558-AB19-82CF7B8CCFBF&webtag=NYHighpower

I hope this link works;
This is the match entry form for the upcoming 6x600 match this Labor Day weekend at
Camp Smith, Peekskill, NY. At this match you can come out and shoot a true 600 yards
with your most accurate rifle. Bring your scoped bolt gun or your US service rifle.
There will be sighters, but ONLY from the 600 yard line. This means that if you don't already
have at least a GOOD 200 yard zero you may not be able to get on paper and we can't have you
spraying lead all over the valley! As a NRA rules match you will have to score in the pits as well
as shoot from the 600 yard line. Any questions, post them here and I'll try and answer them so
you don't have to call or e-mail the contact fellow unless nescessary.
Hint: Don't think you can bring your Chicom AK knock-off and "see if it will reach 600 yards."
If you can't get on paper in a few shots you WILL BE PULLED OFF THE LINE!
You maybe wondering how you do this if you've never shot at 600, well that's where having
an accurate rifle and ammo come in. After that all you need are the come-ups for 600 and
that's pretty easy. Shoot with a sling or off a bi-pod, it's up to you. A shooting mat is nice
but not really needed, it's grass up there. A spotting scope or good binos are recomended.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#1]
This sounds pretty cool, unfortunately I think I have a wedding to attend that weekend.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a copy of the word-doc that was at the link posted above.
Drivers Lic. picture ID is needed to get on base and they may want to look over your vehicle.

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association

2005 6X600 IN THE VALLEY OF TEARS MATCH, LABOR DAY WEEKEND!

COME CRY YOUR EYES OUT, WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO FIRE FROM THE
600 YARD LINE AT CAMP SMITH, PEEKSKILL, NY OVER TWO DAYS!

Match Contact/Send Entries to: Ira Ruderman
High Power Director, NYSRPA
638 West Hudson St.
Long Beach, NY 11561
(516) 431-1541
[email protected]
2005 Event Date:

September 3rd and 4th, 2005

Matches are scheduled to begin at 8:00AM on each scheduled date, with squadding beginning at 7:00AM.  There will be four relays fired each day!

FEES/REGULATIONS/AWARDS:

This event is open to ALL High Power Competitors.   You can fire either on Saturday or Sunday or both days.  The Match fees are $30 for one day and $50 if you compete both days. Approximately 50% of all entry fees will be paid out in awards to competitors.   We anticipate making award to the winner of each competitive grouping, with perhaps some “fun” awards as well.

While this will be a non-sanctioned event for 2005, NRA rules will be in effect.  Competitors will fire three 20–shot strings from the 600 yard line each day.  High Power Rifles that may be used are broken into the following categories:  Match Rifle, Service Rifle, F-Class Rifle and Palma Rifle.  Caliber is limited to .35 per NRA rules.  

A Catered barbeque will be provided Saturday evening at the conclusion of firing!

COURSE OF FIRE:

-Three 20-shot strings from the 600 yard line each day
-Total possible high score each day of 600
-Total two-day high score possible is 1200

LOCATION/DIRECTIONS:

Camp Smith is located on Routes 6 and 202, 3 miles east of the Bear Mountain Bridge

Lodging will be available in the bachelor
offi cers quarters (BOQ) in building #508 Friday and Saturday evenings. The cost is $25.00 Per
individual per night. FOR ADVANCED BILLETING CALL (914) 788-7395.

Event Entry Form:

Name:……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Address:…………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Phone:……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

High Power Classification:……………………………………………………………………………………

Dates Competing:

Saturday 9/3/05:  ____________________ Sunday 9/4/05: _______________________

Entry Fee Enclosed: $30 (one day) $50 (both days)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Btt, one week away.
You can sign up in person if you don't want to mail it in.
I expected more replies, did I scare some of you guys away?
L.jr.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Lloyd-Jr...I just called and left message.

Interested but will not know till Wed if I can make it.
Just did 1000 yd in PA Benchrest Club. F-Class NRA Match. So I have a 1000 yd sight in.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to try and walk in one of the days.  I know I can at least hit the black at 300, but I've never shot at 600 yards.    
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe next year as I do not have the time or the place to do a 200yd sight in at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm there on Saturday, already sent in my form. I'll be shooting with my buddy Joe.

1st time shooting at greater than 200 yds, can't wait.

Pray for good weather!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Time to un-pin this:

Well I didn't get to go after all, I had to work this weekend to catch up with some bills.
I hear the weather was great , the following is a quick note from a buddy posted elsewhere on Sun. A.M.

Well, Lloyd, this ties Bruce with the most clean scores at Smith by the same person (he and Mitchell Maxberry have 2 apiece) although Bruce has topped Mitch on X-count. The "200 Club" at Camp Smith has the following members:

Stan Noon
Jim Treacy
Frank Adelson
Mitch Maxberry (2)
Bruce Kraft (2)
Kent Reeve
Unless there was another 200 fired today (Bruce had a 198 on his first go this morning before I left) this is where it stands.
By the way, even the F-class and scope shooters with hot rod 6's and 6.5's didn't shoot cleans yesterday. That should tell you what kind of day it was. Nice shooting, Brucie!!

Bruce Kraft , a longtime NYS. H.P. shooter and supporter of the S.A.F.S., the NY. senior team as well as the juniors and since last year the Coach of the senior team, the man who was the driving force along with others in the NYS Team getting back into "Rattle Battle" after at least ten years at the Nationals at Camp Perry.
They were second over all behind a USMC team and first civilian team.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top