Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 4:24:50 PM EDT
I am in talks with a member out of state that has a mak90 legally converted to pistol grip and fixed stock(us compliant parts). does anyone know if this is legal to own in NY?or does it have to have the thumbhole stock?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
somebody has to know the answer to my question. I'm supposed to trade this week and need to know.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
It is perfectly legal as long as there are enough US parts in the gun.....Its a mak90 so obviously there is no bayo lug or threaded muzzle right? If it is a threaded barrel the muzzle device must be permanantly attached and if it had the bayo lug it must be shaved down.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is perfectly legal as long as there are enough US parts in the gun.....Its a mak90 so obviously there is no bayo lug or threaded muzzle right? If it is a threaded barrel the muzzle device must be permanantly attached and if it had the bayo lug it must be shaved down.....

+1
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys that's what I was hoping for!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
you are aware that you need a certain amount of US made parts to be compliant with Federal law...just make sure the owner lists the US made parts BEFORE buying/shipping the gun to your FFL.

List of US made parts that will help you:
Stock
upper handguard
lower handguard
pistol grip
gas piston
hammer
trigger
sear
DO YOUR RESEARCH, make sure the gun is COMPLIANT, most of these parts can be researched from various companies on the web, go to the AK forums for more information on making your MAK into a US compliant gun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you are aware that you need a certain amount of US made parts to be compliant with Federal law...just make sure the owner lists the US made parts BEFORE buying/shipping the gun to your FFL.

List of US made parts that will help you:
Stock
upper handguard
lower handguard
pistol grip
gas piston
hammer
trigger
sear
DO YOUR RESEARCH, make sure the gun is COMPLIANT, most of these parts can be researched from various companies on the web, go to the AK forums for more information on making your MAK into a US compliant gun.

The upper and lower handguard only count as one part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top