Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 8:58:18 PM EDT
I had a thread about my sis-in-law wanting to move to Suffolk county, LI. Now she is thinking Orange county. How is Montgomery? or surrounding areas. Whats to be away from riffraff, maybe something with an acre or two, but fairly close to shopping.

She is always asking me about places to live, I dunno. So I pass it on to you guys.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No Orange County people here, huh?

Okay, how about sourrounding counties, that can offer some insight.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Montgomery, Goshen, Chester, Florida, Hamptonburgh, Warwick, Pine Bush, Campbell Hall... all are nice places.  This should give you a starting point.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Montgomery, Goshen, Chester, Florida, Hamptonburgh, Warwick, Pine Bush, Campbell Hall... all are nice places.  This should give you a starting point.

Beauty, thanks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:55:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Does she have children? If so, Monroe is the place to be. The Monroe-Woodburry school district is the only really good one in that area. She will pay for that school district with very high taxes though.
Shopping? Thw Woodburry commons outlets.....nuff said. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does she have children? If so, Monroe is the place to be. The Monroe-Woodburry school district is the only really good one in that area. She will pay for that school district with very high taxes though.
Shopping? Thw Woodburry commons outlets.....nuff said. Good luck

No kids as of yet.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]
If I was going to relocate to the Hudson Valley area I would move to Dutchess County.

www.dutchesstourism.com/

www.co.dutchess.ny.us/

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was staying down in the Orange county area in '03, I thought it had too much of the NYC feel too it. Too many people moving up into that area post 9-11 to make it possible to get "away" from other people. I would agree that you'd have better luck in Dutchess, or consider moving to the "real" Upstate NY.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When I was staying down in the Orange county area in '03, I thought it had too much of the NYC feel too it. Too many people moving up into that area post 9-11 to make it possible to get "away" from other people. I would agree that you'd have better luck in Dutchess, or consider moving to the "real" Upstate NY.

Would you happen to mean RiffRaff or undesirables..................umm skells. Or are you talking about liberals?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Every suburban area has or is being "poisoned" by the outpouring of people escaping NYC. It's a combination of liberals and the mutts who prey on them. Unfortunately this is happening in many areas of the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Would you happen to mean RiffRaff or undesirables..................umm skells. Or are you talking about liberals?

Just too many people, period.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just too many people, period.

On a positive note, my house has more than doubled in price over the last two years.  Time to cash in and move!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
On a positive note, my house has more than doubled in price over the last two years.  Time to cash in and move!

Don't move any further Upstate, please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top