Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:46:03 PM EDT
I bought about 250 rnd of ammo for my AR50 about 21 of them were tracers. have heard varying opinions from a few people,just thought i'd solicit a few more. thanks.SEMPER FI!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think TRACER ammo is all to legal at least its not here in jersey.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I bought about 250 rnd of ammo for my AR50 about 21 of them were tracers. have heard varying opinions from a few people,just thought i'd solicit a few more. thanks.SEMPER FI!

Won't hurt the barrel but is illegal to shoot in some places and also illegal to own in some. Can start grass fires in dry weather.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Tracer in legal to own here in Nazi Jersey but is illegal to shoot. That directly from the State Oink.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#4]
The tracer compound comes out of the base of the bullet. It still has a copper jacketed body like a regular round of ball ammo. The tracer compound doesnt start to burn until a hundred yards or so, out of the barrel, so no problems with it burning inside the bore.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
All ammo is technically bad for a barrel if you shoot it.

The tracers compounds are sometimes pretty corrosive so make sure to clean after shooting.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I too have wondered about what it will do to a barrell.  I picked up 200 rounds of M856 a couples of years ago that I have yet to fire.  One problem is that I really need a 1:7 twist for the M856 and I have no place to really shoot it on Long Island.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Calverton on 300 yard time is a good place for tracer.  No flammables and it's neat to watch the tracer roll up the backstop
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Please know the laws before making statements

Tracers are legal to own but not shoot in NJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top