Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 7:21:45 AM EDT
I'm looking for a relatively small gun safe for LONG guns. It doesn't have to have a fire rating but does need to be too heavy for thieves to lug out of the house.
The best deal I've seen is a 10-gun Sentry at Walmart.com for $289 plus $50 freight:
www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3207151
I went to Ray's and Ramsey Outdoor and they are all too big or flimsy & cheap "locker" style.
I'm in north Jersey and I'd have to have it delivered, unless it can fit in the back seat of a Mustang convertible I did get my dresser home that way though!
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a nice Remington Express 16 gun safe for a around $300 from Sports Authority 3 years ago. It has slots for 16 around the 3 walls but can easily hold 24. It is well constructed, the door has three large bolts that lock into the frame, internal hinge, upper lock box and has an electronic keypad. The keypad has a lockout feature and is lighted for nighttime use. After three failed attempts it locks you out for 5 minutes, after 2 or 3 more attempts you only get two attempts every 30 minutes. It also has external contacts so in case the battery craps out you can just hold the new 9V on the contacts and open it up.

That's my consumer report....hope it helped.  Keep away from those gym locker ones. A hammer and chisel can open them PDQ.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a very fair deal. I wonder if your local Walmart could order it for you for pick up at their store. This way you could save the freight.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's a suggestion, go to the Home Depot behind Titallations, rent their truck for 90 minutes for $20 and pick it up.  Looking at the Sentry unit, the door is real similiar to mine, with the exception of the lock. Probably same manufactuer, different paint and lock as needed for each customer.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanka guys, I called some Sports Authority stores and found one locally for $300. The SA nearest me doesn't carry guns, so I thought none of them did! The Wayne store does, I'll get the safe this weekend hopefully.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Sam's Club has a 14 long gun safe for $390 shipping included.  LINK
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:49:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Sam's Club also has a 575 lbs Fire rated 11/22 Winchester keypad safe for 598.00 picked up at the store. The website has it listed for 813.00 delivered.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sam's Club also has a 575 lbs Fire rated 11/22 Winchester keypad safe for 598.00 picked up at the store. The website has it listed for 813.00 delivered.

Steve

Curbside delivery most likely. ..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top