Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2005 11:59:24 AM EDT
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody in New York is actuallly having any fun with their guns?  We seem to be posting a lot of legislature alerts, but not much else.  Maybe the plot is to keep us all so busy contacting out legislators that it becomes a hobby in itself.  

I took my Bushy out the other day to break some pigeons.   Finished up 1 K of rounds of Wolf 62 gr. through my SU-16 and cleaned her up.  With the 62 gr. Winchester and taking time between shots, it has turned into a pretty accurate rifle.  Several shots touching at 50 yards.  Also been working on my Russian Capture Mauser.  Barrel is cleaning up real nice and it shoot pretty good too.  Been shooting some of my Mosins too.  Got two over the winter as fixer uppers.  One looks like a real winner with the proper ammo.   Looks like I am going to go through a lot of ammo the last week of June as two of my boys are coming home on leave.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody in New York is actuallly having any fun with their guns?  We seem to be posting a lot of legislature alerts, but not much else.  Maybe the plot is to keep us all so busy contacting out legislators that it becomes a hobby in itself......  

It seems like pretty soon that is all we're going to be able to do
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's all about money and power.
From the time a politician reaches office his undisclosed, but truly focused purpose is to get re-elected.  To do that, they will lie, coerce, cheat, steal, back-stab, or blow anyone they see a need to appease, then smile and tell you that "I'll keep your comments in mind" (now that I can do what I want)
Seems to me, If folks want a gun free state so damn bad, we ought to give it too them. Here's a suggestion: Everyone who doesn't want anybody except maby bodyguards and police (and they can only have one round in their pocket) can live South of the Hudson (seems fitting, since that's where most of the anti-gun noise comes from anyway) and the rest of us will stay North.
Whadda ya think? Sound like a plan?
Unfortinatly, that's never going to happen, so the next best thing to do is pool our money for PAC's, Badger the anti-gunners, educate the fence sitters and invite them all to the range where you can demonstrate your proficiency as well as that of your team. Oh and don't forget to re-paint that sign above the bench that says"The second amendment isn't about Duck hunting." So they can ALL see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top