Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 4:45:33 AM EDT
EMAIL ALERT FROM FCSA!

Monday, May 23 is action day in New York State!

That's because, on the following day (Tuesday), the NY State Assembly Ways and Means committee takes up the matter of revoking your 2nd Amendment rights.  Tuesday's the day that bill A4471, legislation to ban .50 caliber rifles, is to be considered.

New York state residents, to protect your RIGHT to own the rifle caliber of YOUR choice, you MUST contact as many of the committee members as possible, as well as your own legislator, and respectfully request that this bill be voted down.  You have only till Tuesday morning!

The bill solves no existing problem, takes rights away from law-abiding citizens for no benefit, eliminates 20 years-worth of a competitive sport, and will ban collector as well as big-game hunting rifles.  Be polite.  Remember that some of the legislators you will talk to are on your side.  A small minority will be against you.  But many are uncommitted or just plain won't know.

You can contact members of the Assembly Ways and Means committee, to tell them how you feel about this proposal, by visiting this website:

http://assembly.state.ny.us/comm/?sec=mem&id=41

To find out who your own legislator is and to contact him/her, visit this website:

http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/

You only have Monday to take action.

It's up to you.

Keith Pagel
Executive Director,
Fifty Caliber Institute
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting, made the contact links hot below.

Ways and Means Committee

Find your Legislator

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it better to contact the chair, or the members?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is it better to contact the chair, or the members?

Both.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
As I had mentioned in a previous post, the 15th Assembly District is currently without representation.  Today we had a special election to fill the seat vacated by Donna Ferrara.  I guess we will not know who wins until sometime after 9pm tonight.

The voter turnout was terrible.  I went to vote at 4pm and I was the eighth voter for the entire day at my polling place (the election workers thanked me personally for voting).  This election was not well publicized and there was very little campaign information in the weeks leading up to this election.  I have no idea where the two candidates stand on any of the issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top