Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2005 6:06:02 PM EDT
Anyone catch the NJ Republican Debate for Governor on NJN tonight?  I saw the last 10 minutes.  

My observations:  Schroeder looked and acted like an ass; Schundler couldn't help talking about how Forrester is wrong; Forrester was flinging his hands around creating a distraction; Lonegan seemed okay, but I saw very little to judge him and the others.

Who is the right candidate?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
LONEGAN...

The only pro-gunner out there and willing to admit it...

RW3
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
He just needs a lot of $$$$$ to be competitive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
He'll need more than money to win NJ. Prayers sent!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
He is mayor of my town of Bagota N.J.
He married my wife and I 10yrs ago.
We were his first ceremony.
His wife is a pre-school teacher. Had my dauthter in her class.
Very nice down to earth people from N.J.
He is very popular in my town & has won elections ever since ive lived here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is mayor of my town of Bagota N.J.
He married my wife and I 10yrs ago.
We were his first ceremony.
His wife is a pre-school teacher. Had my dauthter in her class.
Very nice down to earth people from N.J.
He is very popular in my town & has won elections ever since ive lived here.

That is exactly the type of man that we need for the job

I just wish that he had the same bank account as that AssClown Corzine
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I watched the last 45 minutes. Almost every candidate made promises. Schundler and Forrester I do NOT trust. Lonegan was straight forward and quite frankly BLUNT about the affairs of this state and what needed to be done.He did attack Schundler & Forrester a few times. One of the things I liked about him ( Lonegan ) was his response to a question who would he have for a Lt. govenor, his response was NJ did not need one and it would only add to the beauracracy,but he choose Schroeder because he is a funny guy.next debate is in June, I think. I am going to support and vote for Steve.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Steve Lonegan
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I heard a radio ad for Lonegan this morning on the way to work.

He came straight out and said, clear as friggin' day:

I will fight for your second amendment rights and fight to implement REAL concealed carry laws.  I will fight to join other states like Florida, Pennsylvania and Texas is protecting your right to defend yourself.

I'm telling you, I was floored.  The entire ad was 100% focused on the right to defend your home, your family and yourself.  I almost crashed into the Delaware river when said implement shall issue CCW.

He closed with a comment on how its time to restore conservative Republican views to NJ government.  Wow...

WOW ! Wish I heard that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He just needs a lot of $$$$$ to be competitive.

Maybe he can ask Cosine for the $$$$.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anyone catch the NJ Republican Debate for Governor on NJN tonight?  I saw the last 10 minutes.  

My observations:  Schroeder looked and acted like an ass; Schundler couldn't help talking about how Forrester is wrong; Forrester was flinging his hands around creating a distraction; Lonegan seemed okay, but I saw very little to judge him and the others.

Who is the right candidate?

Schroeder is a councilman in my town. Your assessment is correct. He is an ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top