Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 5:02:31 PM EDT
After several handguns, I'm looking to get a shotgun (haven't shot one since the 8th grade), mostly for HD but would like to do some target shooting (informal clay shooting at most).

Where in NJ can I shoot a shotgun?  Seems like most places are traditional trap/skeet ranges only, and have rules or restrictions against slugs or buckshot.

Ideally, I'd like to find a place where I can pattern buckshot and birdshot, and shoot slugs out 100yds, and not have to pay $$$$ for some membership.  Some plinking might be fun too.

Anyone know a place like this near Hudson County?  I'm willing to drive far far away (assume I would have to...)

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Fort Dix, eh?
that's the same thing Frank Caso told me this afternoon.
sounds like I gotta go check it out, although the hours kinda suck there (and it's
the range fees are a good deal, though.

any other place with better hours?  how about the Hunter Training Areas owned by the NJ Div of Fish and Wildlife?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Fort Dix 50 bucks a year ya cant beat it for fun
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Ft. Dix Range will be opening on fridays soon, if they havent started it allready.

any other place with better hours?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top