Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 6:33:15 AM EDT
Is it a real PITA to get?  After having one in FL, this seems like a real pain.  What is the approx. wait on the license?  Also, I've heard of  24 hour ranges.  Any validitity to this?  I work crazy hours, and want to be able to utilize the license.  THanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Compared to a FL CCW yes it's a PIA. Licenses are supposed be issued within 6 months and I believe that's the case in SC. Yes there are 24hr private ranges where you can go at anytime.  Someone on LI will have to tell you where they are located.

You should get your pistol license as it is worth it IMO.  It also allows you to bypass the NICS check on both hand and long gun transfers.

If you live in one of the 5 western SC towns:  www.co.suffolk.ny.us/webtemp3.cfm?dept=12&id=1752

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
IIRC Pine Barrens Range allows 24 hour access but it's outdoors and unlit at night.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
if you live in eastern suffolk you have to go through the sherriff office in riverhead at the county jail
hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
IIRC Pine Barrens Range allows 24 hour access but it's outdoors and unlit at night.

Does anyone here belong to the Pine Barrens  range? How is it? Can you bring only guest or only members can go?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anyone here belong to the Pine Barrens  range? How is it? Can you bring only guest or only members can go?

Pine barrens range costs $200.00 per year and gives you access via a key and they allow you to bring one guest.      www.lipsa.net/
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
However I wish they would do something about their target stands...or lack therof.

I guess this would really matter if you could actually hit a target in the first place!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However I wish they would do something about their target stands...or lack therof.

I guess this would really matter if you could actually hit a target in the first place!

Oh he can hit the target. It just might not be his target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top