Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 2:15:24 PM EDT
Any fun shops in NY (downstate) keep stripped lowers in stock.  Yea, I know it's easier to order one and have it shipped to an FFL.  But... just wondering all the same.

Thanks,

eta: even upcoming fun shows?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen a shop around that has them, but they do show up at the gun shows. I got a RRA about a year ago from a dealer at a show at the Civic Center in Poughkeepsie. He had several different brands in stock and also had a lot of parts. Prices weren't great, but it was less hassle than dealing with shipping and the FFL transfer. Sorry, I don't recall the dealer's name.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've never seen a shop around that has them, but they do show up at the gun shows. I got a RRA about a year ago from a dealer at a show at the Civic Center in Poughkeepsie. He had several different brands in stock and also had a lot of parts. Prices weren't great, but it was less hassle than dealing with shipping and the FFL transfer. Sorry, I don't recall the dealer's name.

Mike

No, that's good I was thinking of going to big al's gun show at Poughkeepsie.  This might just clinch it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
LRB on Long Island has their own Forged Lowers for sale, Available in the store for $109.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
LRB on Long Island has their own Forged Lowers for sale, Available in the store for $109.

Who's and where is LRB's?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LRB of Long Island Inc., 245-06 Jericho Turnpike, Bellerose N.Y. 11001
He is on Jericho Tp, Just over the county line in Nassau County (1 Block past the Cross Island Pky, South side of the street)
516 327-0246
Or check out their website

L.R.B.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Collector Rifle & Ammo in Hopewell Junction.
They have them from time to time, gotta ask tho 'cause they store them the sub-basement somewhere...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LRB of Long Island Inc., 245-06 Jericho Turnpike, Bellerose N.Y. 11001
He is on Jericho Tp, Just over the county line in Nassau County (1 Block past the Cross Island Pky, South side of the street)
516 327-0246
Or check out their website

L.R.B.

Thanks, I'll give them a ring.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They have them from time to time, gotta ask tho 'cause they store them the sub-basement somewhere...

Got a number, google didn't come up with much.  tks
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Mike

That was Ralph Flynt.  He always has lowers.  Just be prepared to pay $40-$60 more for them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I have their business card somewhere.  I will try and dig it up.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:24:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I have their business card somewhere.  I will try and dig it up.

Cool, thanks.  We, I'll put it to you this way.  If I got my local gun shop to do a transfer for me, it's would lost just as must as the markup in transfer fee's.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

That was Ralph Flynt.  He always has lowers.  Just be prepared to pay $40-$60 more for them.

Yes, I think that's who it was. I figured if I had to order one, between shipping and the transfer fee, it would be nearly the same price. IIRC I paid 150 for the RRA lower from him and I think you could find them for around $110 or so online at the time, so it was pretty much a wash and he had exactly what I wanted.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:40:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

Yes, I think that's who it was. I figured if I had to order one, between shipping and the transfer fee, it would be nearly the same price. IIRC I paid 150 for the RRA lower from him and I think you could find them for around $110 or so online at the time, so it was pretty much a wash and he had exactly what I wanted.

Mike

Mike thanks for the heads up.  You happen to have Ralph's number I want see if it's worth my time to goto Poughkeepsie to see him at the next show.

tks again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:07:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Collector Rifle & Ammo Inc

1025 Route 82
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533-6166 Phone:  (845) 227-4100  

I don't recommend them for transfers, though, just have them order what you want.
They are about a 20 min. ride from Pokeepsie and usually have a table there.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#16]
goodorbit, tks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#17]
The Place is M14 Heaven, He has guns & Barreled actions laying all over the place!

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might have to swing by and see what he has. When he starts making turnkey M14 rifles, I'm soooo there.

Edited to add: I just noticed his website had SHOT SHOW Special M14's. I wonder if they're currently in stock.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#18]
If your still looking I believe Guns and Ammo on Sunrise hwy East Islip has a few stripped lowers on hand.  I think one of em was a bushmaster too.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Last time I was down at Collectors Rifle and Ammo, they had some Grizzlys for a reasonable price.  I think $110.  If you can look past that funky logo, they appear to be nice lowers.

Yes, they suck when it comes to transfers.  Their policy is to accept transfers only from other FFLs and even then they will hit you up for the NYS Sales tax on the value of the gun.  They did accept one botched transfer from a friend who was leaving the country after BATF straightened them out on the private transfer issue.  I don't plan on using them ever again.  They are the only shop in the area that has a plentiful stock of  semi autos as well as surplus and hunting guns.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, that's good I was thinking of going to big al's gun show at Poughkeepsie.  This might just clinch it.

Not a bad show as far as they go, but $-wise you'd do better to shop on the web and have it sent to a friendly FFL like B&J's in Albany.....

I thought of that too, but B&J is like what two hours away from you and me?  OK, i didn't know you can break the sound barrer on I-87 . an Hour for you

Hey is there an up coming gathering at B&J's?  

Anyone interested in a group buy on lowers?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I think there is a show in Poughkeepsie this weekend. the 15th and 16th

If your going to travle to albany for a transfer try this guy.

Wayne H. Meyer
3 main Street
Livingston Manor NY 12758
845-439-4407

he is good only charges 25.00 and is about an hour for or so from Poughkeepsie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top