Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2005 9:48:12 AM EDT
Any HP competitions between 1-10 and 2-10?  Should I even bother to bring my rifle?  What about a handgun?
I'll be working 40-50 hr/week (probably just 40), not sure what city, but I'll be working at a couple of Bristol Myers plants, and staying in a motel.  Any tips, pointers, etc about the law, get togethers, etc would be appreciated...
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Due to NJ's stupid laws, it is best to leave your stuff home.  I'm am pretty sure the NJ crew will take good care of you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick reply!

That's kinda what I figured--stupid laws!

Oh well, I guess maybe we could hook up and have a few beers and TALK about shooting...no law against that(or is there)

ETA:  What about a handgun for personal defense inside the motel room only?  What about flying into Newark with a Handgun in checked baggage?  Both NO NOs?  What about a Gerber folder?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I am unsure of NJ lay but if it's anything like NY (which it is 90% of the time) if you arrive at the airport with a firearm that requires a permit you will be arrested on the spot and it's not a fine you will get. There was a thread around here somewhere talking about it. I'll see if I can find it for you.
My advice-- Leave em' in Texas, you will be behind enemy lines here and they don't play nice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the link to the thread on NJ gun laws.

NJ gun laws
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies and warm welcome!

Your not a network engineer, are you?

Nope, I work for an inventory systems software consulting company.  BMS bought our software and services.  I'll be working in a spare parts warehouse or two collecting descriptive data on the items stored there.  Details are still real sketchy on my end, but I'm pretty sure I'll be at both New Brunswick and Plainsboro for a couple weeks each.

As far as getting together with y'all, I'm pretty sure I'll have Sat. & Sun free every week that I'm there.  Getting "linked up" might be a problem, though.  I don't think I'll have internet access unless maybe my supervisor will let me use his laptop once in awhile in the evening...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I just found out I'll be coming to your fair state on Mon. 1-17-05 and will be working in the Princeton and New Brunswick areas.  I'll be there 'til the 11th for sure, maybe as late as the 16th.  Any fun stuff going on at that time?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
You will be near my gun club. Maybe if you have time we can go shooting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]

You will be near my gun club. Maybe if you have time we can go shooting.

Cool!  I'm not sure what my schedule will be--most likely M-F 7:00-3:30--so I'll be free every weekend...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
As a fellow Texan in NJ, welcome.  Like everyone already said, it's best to leave your stuff back in TX, but we'll be glad to help you put some rounds down range.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
LBR...I live between Princeton & New Brunswick. If ya need a ride to one of the shoots or whatever, let me know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the offers!  I'll be sure to take y'all up on 'em.  I'll post here first chance I get after my arrival (may be a few days) and we can exchange contact info etc...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top