Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 8:22:24 PM EDT
Before you go calling me a lever action freak, I got my first firearm last week for hunting. I bought the rifle upstate at Dick's in Colonie for 330.00 One thing I noticed that a box of ammo goes for like 12 bucks. I did some searching and saw other places including the amm0 sellers here have them for the same price. Sportsmans Guide has the for like 10.90 with membership discount. I would like to have plenty on hand for fun and to zero it in. Cheaper than Dirt looks good too. Any info on what places to go or where to look online or here in NY? I only have one box of 30-30 Win 15o Gr. core-lokt sp now
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I got some for my 30-30 over the summer at Gander Mountain in Tonawanda- 10 bucks for winchester.
Have fun with your new rifle. I love my Marlin. What kind did you get?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
www.coledistributing.com.  i grew up in delmar, ny.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a circular from Galyans where 30-30 was 9.99.
Unfortunately, my lever is a 35 Remington.
At Galyans, the counter stooges just repeat, "35 Remington," like it was some
sort of a mantra.  Oh well, I basically got the Marlin for free
so beggars like me can't be choosers too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
It usually goes on sale at walmart around hunting season. Last year I picked up a few boxes at a walmart in PA for $8 or so.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What kind did you get?

336A

Quoted:
Look into reloading and roll your own?

I rather have my own place to do that. Can't afford a home or apt yet.

I'll check these out. Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top