Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:29:50 AM EDT
Dear NJ Gun Rights Advocate,

The New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense is extending a generous invitation made by Republican candidate for Governor Steve Lonegan to attend a FREE bus trip to the Bush "get out the vote" rally on 10/31/04 in Wildwood, NJ.

There will be music, food, and a FREE CHARTER BUS TRIP to the rally leaving Northern NJ and making one or two stops on the way down to pick up your fellow RKBA advocates.  We are asking all RKBA supporters to rally around Steve Lonegan's campaign.  Unlike other politicians who say the WORDS about supporting CCW and RKBA, Steve intends to make RKBA a campaign issue.

For more information about Steve, visit his website at Lonegan.com or visit the NJCSD Bulletin Board to learn more about our organization, and how you can help turn things around in New Jersey.

Yours in Liberty (or at least what's left of it),
Robert Kreisler
President
NJCSD

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Taken from Governor Steve Lonegan's website:

13. What is your position on gun control?

I support the Second Amendment and believe that gun control laws do not reduce crime and may, in fact, increase it. If Gun Control laws worked, Washington DC would be the safest city in America.

Gun control laws do, however, have an enormous impact on a law-abiding citizens' constitutional right to own firearms. I support Right to Carry legislation that will give New Jersey residents the same rights as 38 other states including Florida, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Vermont. Why should New Jersey residents have fewer rights and have to live with more government restrictions than people in nearly any other state. If the New Jersey legislature passes Right to Carry, I will sign it into law. One thing is clear. Unlike others in this race, my position on gun control is NOT the same as Jim McGreevey’s.

It’s time we stop treating law-abiding citizens like criminals and criminals like victims. The era of political correctness will end the day I take the oath of office as New Jersey Governor.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a reminder to reserve your seat if you want to go, but please only reserve if you will be there.  You can respond to: [email protected] to make your reservation!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
^ Bump.

Please speak up!  We need all the butts in seats we can get!  The buses will depart from Hawthorne and Bogota in Northern NJ, with other stop(s) as needed within reason on the way down the Garden State Parkway.  Stops in Monmouth or Ocean counties are easily done.

C'mon guys.  We always bellyache about how the Commie Mommies are better at getting things done, because they get stuff paid for them and have free trips all the time.  This is your chance to prove that WE can mobilize and make a difference.  Please help support a SERIOUS RKBA CANDIDATE that will actually work to change thinks in this whacky state.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
^ Bump.

Please speak up!  We need all the butts in seats we can get!  The buses will depart from Hawthorne and Bogota in Northern NJ, with other stop(s) as needed within reason on the way down the Garden State Parkway.  Stops in Monmouth or Ocean counties are easily done.

C'mon guys.  We always bellyache about how the Commie Mommies are better at getting things done, because they get stuff paid for them and have free trips all the time.  This is your chance to prove that WE can mobilize and make a difference.  Please help support a SERIOUS RKBA CANDIDATE that will actually work to change thinks in this whacky state.

WHERE & WHEN IS THE RALLY IN CHILDWOOD /
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
10/31, bus leaves at around 11AM from Northern NJ with stops on the way down to pick fellow members up.  The event itself runs from 4-7.

Bob, when you get a chance, check to see if you got the NJCSD Emails?  We circulated 2 messages from the bulletin board with the announcement, which is why we ask everyone to register to use our forum.  That's the method we use to notify you guys about events.  If you didn't get the Emails, and you are registered on the board, would you log on, go to your Control Panel (link at top left of page under our logo) click on "Email settings" and make sure you adjust your settings to "Send me updates..."?

Feel free to reach out to me or Ray with any questions.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#6]
We're getting down to the wire, guys, and we badly need your help!!!

We've sent out 2 prior Email messages and posted on multiple bulletin boards such as this one, to announce the free bus trip to the Bush rally sponsored by Lonegan for Governor.

When we held our Can The Ban rally in Trenton, those who didn't make it claimed that the reason they weren't able to support their fellow RKBA advocates was because the event was on a work day, and Trenton was SO very far away.

This time, the bus is free, and the date is a Sunday.

We're still at least 20 short of our goal to justify a bus.  If those of you who want to go are waiting to say something, now is the time to speak up.  If we can't get at least 20 more committed to the trip, then the bus will get cancelled, and EVERYBODY will lose out on the event.

C'mon, folks.  Please get into the Advocacy Habit.  Put down the remote control.  Postpone the leaf raking and lawn mowing.  Set the VCR to record CSI or whateverthehell you watch on Sunday, and make a point of DOING something about helping your fellow advocates defend our rights.

Advocacy is like exercise.  It takes a little getting used to at first, but the more of it you do, the better and stronger you get.

Please don't let down your fellow members who are relying on your help so that we can justify chartering a 50-seat bus.

RESPOND TO US AT: mailto:[email protected] to reserve your seat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
^ Bump.

Bobby U IN????
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
^ Bump.

Bobby U IN????

I am IN. Just looking at my options : Catch the Bus in CherryHill Mall or Drive down.I really don't wanna be on a bus full of DRUNKEN REPUBLICANS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Bobby Hey All-

We need some MORE people to SIGN ON!!! Eleven (11) by tomorrow @ 11AM OR the Free Bus can't be had.

Lion_dog
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Lion Dog, we can't hear you.....

And the libs can't hear us.....

So lets go to a big ass REPUBLICAN get out the vote rally!!!

And then kick the lib's asses        

in the polls

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Bobby Hey All-

We need some MORE people to SIGN ON!!! Eleven (11) by tomorrow @ 11AM OR the Free Bus can't be had.

Lion_dog

Hey Fellow Shooters - Sunday is MY birthday and IF I think suffering in a ~3 hour bus ride, ONE way, is the RIGHT thing to do for OUR GUN rights, then so should you!!! TIME TO GET ON THE BUS!!!

Email Rovert NOW please!!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Relax Lion_dog, I signed up for the bus ride, we only need ten.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Dear ARFCOM Community,

Great News!!!

We just crept over the minimum number to justify the bus trip.  For all of you who have made the sacrifice to postpone your personal plans, and make an effort to be with us, you are owed a debt of thanks.

The bus route will be as follows:
- Departing the Rockaway Mall at 11AM
- Pickup at Princeton Commons at roughly 1PM
- Pickup at the GSP Forked River rest stop/commuter lot roughly 2PM
- Arrival at Wildwood at roughly 3:30PM
(Return trip will be via the same route and stops, after the event ends)

Those of you who are still on the fence, PLEASE make a point of reserving a seat.  We can never have enough RKBA advocates!  We hope that you will find your way clear to being there with us as we rally to support both Steve Lonegan (www.lonegan.com) and the Bush campaign.  If you are interested in going, please respond [email protected] to reserve your seat(s).

We regret that we had to cancel the Bridgewater stop, but the cost of routing a bus there was prohibitively high, given the number of responses from that area.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope that those of you who were counting on that stop will understand, and be willing to meet up with us at one of the designated locations.

There have been a handful of times in history when this country has been at such an important crossroads, as we are now.  There are few times in history when so few can make such an enormous difference.  The 2000 election showed us that even just a few hundred votes determined the fate of a nation and the course of our history.  Yet still to this day, I have heard some people think their votes just don't matter and their presence is not necessary.  Go figure!  If history has taught us anything, it's that EVERYONE matters, and EVERYONE'S help is needed.

Ten years from now, when someone asks what you did and where you were, when the basic ideas of freedom and liberty called, at least 30 people will be able to say: "I did my part to help turn the tide."  We sincerely hope that those of you who are still "on the fence" about the trip, consider being part of helping us make history.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top