Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 1:42:45 AM EDT
for a brief time in Buffalo...anyone else get any? I'm not ready for this shit yet.

-Chuck
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We had some hail ...more like frozen ice, most likely....last night pinging off the roof.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I REALLY hate winter.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't notice any snow in the Amherst area, but we were getting hail off and on from yesterday afternoon into the late night/early morning today. probably pea sized.
Although based on the time of your post I was asleep so it might have had some snow in the air here at that time
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the snow!! The best time i ever had at my local range was shooting with the snow coming down ever so lightly with nobody else there because of the weather.I was shooting empty shotgun shells at 200 yards with a scoped  Bushy varminter at 200 yards just to make it difficult.Give me a pocket warmer with a good pair of Carhardt pants and jacket and i am a happy guy!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The ONLY thing I like about winter is the sports, which I LOVE and look forward to (skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, and the hunting seasons). Otherwise, I much prefer spring and summer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I need to get new tires... thank God we don;t get snow around the Albany area until the end of November, beginning of December usually.  New tired are gonna hurt... something like $125 a pop...

Edited for content and clarity of posting intent:

Don't be  put in a situation where others might see you as  a dumbass and wait til the last minute and the first snowfall to get them put on. I see that all the time around my area. What will happen is that you'll wait too long and you'll wind up being seen as the jerk who  wont or can't maintain your car by everyone else  who is cursing as you bring traffic behind you to a crawl.

Owning and operating a car requires a certain amount of investment . Yes, people live on limited incomes. My own income is certainly not bottomless, and I don't always have the money for repairs as soon as I might need them. My muffler is probably driving my neighbors crazy right now as it limps its way into the sunset., for instance. I often go to accidents where people use the excuse for  their vehicle deficiencies as being that they don't have money for reepairs/ upkeep. Its real simple: as much as people need to get from point A to Point B, if they can't maintain their vehicle properly so that it is safe for both them and the other drivers around them sharing the roadway, it should not be on the road.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I need to get new tires... thank God we don;t get snow around the Albany area until the end of November, beginning of December usually.  New tired are gonna hurt... something like $125 a pop...

Hiram,
Thats about what I have to pay for my 16 inch tires for my pickup. Ouch! I look at it this way, it's worth the cost to ride up higher to be able to look down at all the good looking women..LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I was in Buffalo during Winter 2001/2002, that nice big snowstorm was my first expierance with snow....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm gonna switch over to my Blizzaks around halloween, great tires by the way
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I would also suggest you get your attitude in check.  I've stood by with friendly warnings to you to remain civil to board members and warned them to be civil to you.  Apparently you could not even take Ed. Sr.'s polite admonition to act in a respectful and civil manner in these forums.  I'm not interested in pissing matches and insults here.  We have a damn good Team forum, we may not get along all the time, but we support each other.  That is what the Avilas want, that is what the mods in this forum strive for and I respectfully ask you take that into consideration before you post.

I don't see where I am being uncivil, either her or elsewhere. I haven't been rude to you by any means. I certainly see harsher words among other posters that draw no mention. Must be who you are  that counts then , right?I am simply saying don't be one of those people that rolls around on 4 bald bias ply tires and then holds up traffic because you can't navigate. If your tires are fine, then everything is great. Its the person who doesn't do the preventative maintenance who is the dumbass; perhaps I should clarify that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would also suggest you get your attitude in check.  I've stood by with friendly warnings to you to remain civil to board members and warned them to be civil to you.  Apparently you could not even take Ed. Sr.'s polite admonition to act in a respectful and civil manner in these forums.  I'm not interested in pissing matches and insults here.  We have a damn good Team forum, we may not get along all the time, but we support each other.  That is what the Avilas want, that is what the mods in this forum strive for and I respectfully ask you take that into consideration before you post.

I don't see where I am being uncivil, either her or elsewhere. I haven't been rude to you by any means. I certainly see harsher words among other posters that draw no mention. Must be who you are  that counts then , right?I am simply saying don't be one of those people that rolls around on 4 bald bias ply tires and then holds up traffic because you can't navigate. If your tires are fine, then everything is great. Its the person who doesn't do the preventative maintenance who is the dumbass; perhaps I should clarify that.

In my book, referring to a person as a "dumbass" and a "jerk" in the same post is rude regardless of who it  is.  If you continue on this path, you will wear out your welcome here.  You have been warned.

A nobody.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Where do you guys get your tires? I heard Tirerack on the web is good.
To the guy who uses Blizzaks, how are they on dry roads when theirs no weather?
Oh, I see you're in MN., God bless!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#17]
that and the year or 2 before was great. had some driving bans, couldn't go home for thanksgiving. got stuck at home one year at christmas and had to stay an extra few days
biggest problem with snow in Buffalo is that the city of buffalo sucks at cleaning it up. the suburbs wil have it clean in a day (except for the 3 feet in 12 hours type storms) and the city will take 3 or 4

Quoted:
I was in Buffalo during Winter 2001/2002, that nice big snowstorm was my first expierance with snow....

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
[In my book, referring to a person as a "dumbass" and a "jerk" in the same post is rude regardless of who it  is.  If you continue on this path, you will wear out your welcome here.  You have been warned.

A nobody.

As the post has obviously been taken  by more than one person to mean something other than what I intended for it to say, I have edited it.

I still stand by my comment that the original post was not directed to HR as an individual.

I also stand by my follow up post. While we have had our differences of opinion in my 2000 or so posts, I don't  need to resort to a personal attack. I believe that the net is  a place where rational discourse is possible and personal attacks are not needed.

Your warning is noted but unneccesary.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#21]
i have blizzaks in my stratus and the guy next to me was in 4wheel drive in his explorer. At the green light i pulled ahead of him with minimum tire spin and he was spinning his wheels. I also had etter breaking distances
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top