Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 10:32:32 AM EDT
I'm looking at picking up a LMT 14.5" Upper + goodies. The place I'm looking to order from, (G and R tactical), doesn't permenantly attach brakes. So how do I get the upper legally here? Can he mail it to a place like Kurts Kustom Firearms and then I have them attach the brake? Or do I just stick with a place that will attach the brake for me? Does anybody know a good gunsmith in northern NJ that can weld something on for me? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You can accept the upper, but immediately reship it upon receipt.  Failure to do so is illegal, since ownership of a lower and that upper is considered constructive possession of a SBR by the Feds.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
FM, Grant mentioned he could ship it with the phantom installed, and then I could deal with the brake myself. He happens to have everything I want in stock. but I can't order till I get this figured out.

Does anybody have any experience with Kurts Kustom Firearms? It seems like I could ship it directly to him from Grant, and then have him ship it to me after he installs the brake. He seems like someone very familiar with the AR. Or I could accept it and then ship it out myself.

Can't Paul(PK90) accept Class III stuff?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Grant can drop ship it to ADCO firearms in Ohio. I highly recommend them, they do great work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet. ADCO sounds like a great deal. I'll see what I can arrange next week. Thanks everybody.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet. ADCO sounds like a great deal. I'll see what I can arrange next week. Thanks everybody.

Make sure there is not bayonet lug on the upper also.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Good call. I'm going with the PRI flip front. So it shouldn't be an issue. Here's the full list for anyone interested.

LMT 14.5" M4 upper
Larue 7.0 rail
PRI flip front
PRI gas buster CH
LMT enhanced bolt and standard carrier
Troy Industries Rear BUIS(that's backordered)
Whatever brake I decided to put on. Probably just a fake A2 look alike.

I've got an old Aimpoint 3000 I'm going to mess with first. I'm going to look for some cheap scope rings and mount it. After that, I might spring for a new Aimpoint.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top