Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 11:07:12 AM EDT
(I hope everyone doesn't mind my fairly consistent new-guy questions!)

I'm in the Rochester area and I'm realizing that CLP is the way to go for a good cleaner/protector. I have some basic gun oils that came with my AR (still very recently purchased), but it seems that CLP is the way to go when it comes to cleaning and protecting in one fell swoop.  I have gone to local sporting goods stores like Gander mountain and they don't seem to carry Break Free products, just your basic hunting rifle/shotgun oils.

Most people around here have suggested the now-closed Creekside Gun Shop, until they realized that it was shutdown! (Shows how active with firearms people I know are!).

So... I'm going to try Galyans sporting goods tonight, but I'm not sure if anywhere else would be appropriate to check? It seems most gun-only stores dont' exist anymore. I would order online, except the places I find it in single quantities (not cases) seem to be places everyone on this board has issues with (Florida gunworks, for example)

Thanks for any advice from Rochester-based arfcomers!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Try ProGuns in Victor, route 96. Take thruway to 490 exit, Rt 96 S, Proguns is ~1mile on your right in a strip mall (tan with Green roof, IIRC) before you enter the village of Victor. They are black rifle friendly. Also Liberty Gunshop just a few miles further E (~1 mile S of thru-way exit 44(?)/Canandaigua).

Creekside used to be the shop to go to. ProGuns is almost as good.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, I've seen ProGun mentioned a few times. I'm on my way out towards Canandaigua this weekend, I'll stop by on the way.

A place for ar15 parts and such will be very helpful in and of itself...Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I get all of my CLP from Uncle Sam, except for their Powder Blast stuff, which I happen to like. The gallon size of CLP seems to be pretty reasonable at the places on line I have seen it, and I NEVER see that size for sale in retail outlets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top