Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 1:12:52 PM EDT
I know that this has been spoken about on many boards.But the more I read them the more confusing it gets. If I dont live in NY city am I aloud to have high cap mags? I have ready articles on this. I even see many online stores selling standard/high cap mags will not ship to NY city. Nothing about the state of NY. What are you guys thoughts...Bee
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as they were manufactured before the Federal ban went into effect in 9-94, state law says that you may have them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No erguement from me here.BUT there are sites out there that are saying that they will only NOT sell to new york city. Is this a case that they can sell outside the city but I am not alowed to have it? Now I agree with you GunnyG. But there is alot of confusion out there on the web over this matter. Now I agree with you but Im not totaly sure of my self. There are alot of forums outthere discussing the excact matter and the arguments are going both ways. Again im under the impression that the law states No ban was ever lifted in NY,NJ...
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably not so much confusion, as CYA on the seller's part. They don't know that we aren't in a suburb of NYC.

Actually, I've never had any problem with buying preban magazines from out of state (i.e., Ammoman.com, or Cheaper Than Dirt).

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No erguement from me here.BUT there are sites out there that are saying that they will only NOT sell to new york city. Is this a case that they can sell outside the city but I am not alowed to have it? Now I agree with you GunnyG. But there is alot of confusion out there on the web over this matter. Now I agree with you but Im not totaly sure of my self. There are alot of forums outthere discussing the excact matter and the arguments are going both ways. Again im under the impression that the law states No ban was ever lifted in NY,NJ...

Dude ....

It's not that hard to understand . EVERYTHING that was banned under the federal ban is still banned under the NYS Ban  ( WHICH WILL NEVER EXPIRE ) .  You can legally own anything that falls under the state Ban , Just so long as it was produced before 9-14-94 .

NY City Laws Ban everything on the state list and more REGARDLESS OF DATE Of MANUFACTURE ..... and any Long Guns not on the state ban list need to be registered . No Hand gun of any kind can be possessed without a NYC permit ( Good Luck On That )  

Here is a condensed version of the law in as plain English as law can be put :

NY Gun Laws
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats excacly what I thought CHROME1. Thanks...Bee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top