Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 6:38:32 AM EDT
The FFL I used to use for transfers & orders is no longer in business (Collectors Firearms on Jericho Tpk Mineola)
Can someone recommend a local FFL who will treat me right.
                                                                                                      Thanks in advance
                                                                                                      garr
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Garr use LRB Sales in Floral park they charge $25.00 for a transfer and are the best around. As a matter of fact i will be stopping in there to pick up 2 lowers this afternoon. 516 327-9061
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats my old neighborhood,  I cant believe  collectors went out of business... now where are those guys going to play cards?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#3]
LRB - they set the bar for all others.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's $30

Quoted:
Garr use LRB Sales in Floral park they charge $25.00 for a transfer and are the best around. As a matter of fact i will be stopping in there to pick up 2 lowers this afternoon. 516 327-9061

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to check LRB out, Does he accept guns from non FFLs?
I want to purchase 2 Colt Pre-ban lowers (One slab side & One late model) for a couple of projects I have going on Now that prices are at least reasonable (Not insane like they used to be).
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes he does he did my Garand transfer that way. Just go in there with the address the FFl has to go to and he mails it out!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thats my old neighborhood,  I cant believe  collectors went out of business... now where are those guys going to play cards?

the cigar smoke and prices were ridiculous
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the cigar smoke and prices were ridiculous

I'll agree with you on the smoke, But all prices were allways very negoatiable !!

I got some great deals on alot of hard to find stuff from Jeff , He allways got me what I wanted for an excellent price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't beleive there out of business!

I'm out in Suffolk, and although I have tried many of hte shops out here as an FFL, none have really impressed me.

BTW anybody here shoot at the Pine Barrens?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
A friend told me recently that Wholesale guns and ammo (burns bros) told him they will do any transfer for $25.
I have no first hand knowledge of this so ...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It's been four years but I used On Target in New Hyde Park.  They charged 10% of the firearm cost up to $50.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

what is their street address?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Just go in there with the address the FFl has to go to and he mails it out!!

King of laziness (me) laughs at you:you don't even have to go there!  

[email protected]

they check their mail OFTEN and send out the FFLs when they receive the emails.  Has never failed me yet.  They are VER"Y cyber-friendly, e.g. website, answering emails, etc.

www.lrbarms.com/pages/1/index.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top