Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:11:47 PM EDT
My pool needs a face lift, I would like to change the liner, get a new filter, pump, etc. and also get an electric heater.

If anyone knows a good pool person, please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I can not swim!  But I can grill!  Does that help?

Bill H.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I think a gas or propane heater is much cheaper to run than an electric heater.  Electricity rates are at their highest during the summer and gas/propane rates are at their lowest during the summer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My pool needs a face lift, I would like to change the liner, get a new filter, pump, etc. and also get an electric heater.

If anyone knows a good pool person, please let me know.

I Don't have any good advice on Liners , I had mine replaced 3 times in 12 years

And switched from a DE filter to a sand filter early on .

But I learned allot when I  looked into a heater because the pool was in a mostly shaded area . What I ended up with was a 10' x 12 'solar unit that was basically a 3" deep box built out of aluminum with a 100' or so of  5/8ths copper pipe in a circle pattern , all painted black and covered with clear lexan .

It was mounted on the roof of the shed about 50' away and water was pumped to it by diverting some of the output from filter . Its output was in the 130° range on a sunny day . It worked so well that you only had to run it 2 hrs a day to keep the pool  at 85 -90° during the summer and running it all day in the fall kept the temps in the low 80s well into October . The whole unit installed was less then a grand and required zero maintenance or cost of operation in the 12 years I owned that house .
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you are just looking for some advice... contact Wolfpack.  He runs a pool maintenance business in Vegas.  Super nice guy!

Thanks Dude, we'll do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top