Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 6:31:11 AM EDT
Folks,
I’m very interesting in adding some type of AK variant to my collection.  I live in NJ and really don’t know if they are even legal in this state.  Any advise will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks..
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:09:20 AM EDT
[#1]
All AK's in postban configuration are legal. No bayonet lug or flashider and no folding stock either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#2]
On the list of banned weapons in NJ, it lists Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms. Now does this mean it cant have AK on it, the same way our ARs cant have AR-15 on it, but XM-15 is ok? I was looking into doing an AK build, so I want be be sure Im doing this legally. Does that fall under the "substantially identitical" ruling?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, SAR-1's, WASR-10's and the like have been seen for sale in NJ.. As long as it's postban and you don't jam a 30rnd mag in it, you're set.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thaks folks for all your comments... Im currently looking at an Arsenal Inc.  SLR101 hopefully I can have it by this weekend  Drako
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
There were a few of them at last weekends show at the Phila. Armory I noticed. I think the price was $569.00. I would have bought one but I already have 3.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Where do the rimfire Armi-Jager or Mitchell AK clones lay as far as the "look-alike" clause goes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top