Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 8:47:27 PM EDT
Daily News

Chuck: Keep weapons shelved  

Sen. Chuck Schumer urged big-name retailers yesterday to skip selling assault weapons when the ban against the high-powered guns expires Sept. 13. The New York Democrat said stores like Walmart should "live up to [their] corporate responsibility" and refuse to sell the weapons.

The guns have "only one purpose and that's to kill a lot of people quickly," Schumer said.

The ban on assault weapons, including AK-47s and Uzis, will continue in New York City.
But weapons used in New York crimes often can be traced to Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, where they could be bought legally before the nationwide ban.

The Senate approved an extension of the ban, but Schumer accused the Bush administration and the House of letting it languish.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Once a PRICK always a PRICK.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
This media whore will say and do anything for media attention.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Famous saying:

What's the most dangerous place in Washington DC?

Standing between Schumer and a camera.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:45:33 AM EDT
[#4]
He never saw a camera he didn't love.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Daily News

Sen. Chuck Schumer urged big-name retailers yesterday to skip selling assault weapons when the ban against the high-powered guns expires Sept. 13. The New York Democrat said stores like Walmart should "live up to [their] corporate responsibility" and refuse to sell the weapons.

The guns have "only one purpose and that's to kill a lot of people quickly," Schumer said.

The ban on assault weapons, including AK-47s and Uzis, will continue in New York City.
But weapons used in New York crimes often can be traced to Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, where they could be bought legally before the nationwide ban.

The Senate approved an extension of the ban, but Schumer accused the Bush administration and the House of letting it languish.

First our sympathies from Indiana.

So I assume this Schumer guy believes that the weapons your Walmart stores sell come with all the evil features and are sold to the public!  Sounds like he was one who supports the ban but has never bothered to read it!  For the record, our Walmarts here only sell hunting style long guns.

Good luck up there guys!

Steve
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Daily News

First our sympathies from Indiana.

So I assume this Schumer guy believes that the weapons your Walmart stores sell come with all the evil features and are sold to the public!  Sounds like he was one who supports the ban but has never bothered to read it!  For the record, our Walmarts here only sell hunting style long guns.

Good luck up there guys!

Steve

What a prick, BTW, the AWB does not sunset in NY so you can't bring one in anyway.  Also, every other state should tell him to go fuck himself since it's a state's issue until the feds get involved again.  Also find me a AW that was used in a crime that was purchased from those states he mentioned.  As for Walmart, I wish they would staff the hunting counter better, always a bitch to find anyone there to sell me ammo.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#8]
What a clown!   Everytime he opens his YAP about Assault Rifles he brings up Collin Ferguson who shot those people on a LIRR train with a HAND GUN!   What does one have to do with the other Chuck? Too bad we don't have a Republican here and a media outlet in NY that would carry a counter-position to the crap the Chuckie spews.   This really eats me up.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
he's an asshat, no doubt about it
but do wal-mart, kmart etc. even sell postban stuff now?
if they don't sell postban configured stuff now why would they suddenly start selling preban configured?
I've never seen any "evil black rifle" type stuff at any chain store that sells weapons. I've heard Cabelas does but I've never been to a Cabelas
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What a clown!   Everytime he opens his YAP about Assault Rifles he brings up Collin Ferguson who shot those people on a LIRR train with a HAND GUN!   What does one have to do with the other Chuck? Too bad we don't have a Republican here and a media outlet in NY that would carry a counter-position to the crap the Chuckie spews.   This really eats me up.

The connection Schumer and McCarthy make to an assault weapon is the 15 round magazine Ferguson had in his Ruger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top