Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 3:23:19 PM EDT
Yeah so I was up there again today and picked up a glock 26, Great services as always, nice guys to talk to. If anyone has made it to the shop yet, youre missing out on some serious eye candy
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you happen to notice if the .223 ammo was wolf?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably was, and you can get it for half that price elsewhere (look for the cheap ammo thread here, might be a page or two back).
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I know they had some wolf, dont remember looking at a price though, sorry. they also have some SS109 packages and some M885 in brown boxes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
they need to work on customer service , they don't seem to friendly answering questions, I guess they think were all as smart as they are. The owner will talk but he seems busy, its the help that makes you feel like your an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want good customer service, there's plenty of shops which have excellent people behind the counter if you get on their good side.

(personally, I've heard good things from LRB. From experience, I've received my best treatment at LISC.net [long island shooting center], and the shop down the road from the Bethpage/Huntington range, the name I forget. [Edit to add: T&T Gunnery out of Seaford has a couple of good people, too. I think it's just a matter of geting a sociable person and getting on everyones goodside; very few people behind the counter will allways be unsociable (or too bottom-line oriented), those are the people which end up going or driving their bosses out of business]).
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the shop down the road from the Bethpage/Huntington range, the name I forget.

American Outdoor Sports

I just bought a 10/22 from them.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Hank from the Seaford T&T is a good guy.  Gave me an excellent price on a Remington 700 PSS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Hank, Frank Tony Laura and Marty as well.  I have read of other's complaints of T and T in Seaford but I can not second them.  Have bought a shotgun combo, an AR and 2 pistols there, but with the wife matching me ring for gun, I think I will be pretty scarce there at least in the near future.  

I tried getting counter service at American Outdoors in Melville once.    To quote a friend who feels about that store the same as I do, "You'd think I spit in their hair."  Won't be back.
I have reserve buddies running Coliseum in Uniondale, but its just not geographically convenient for me, although it would have made the serial number checks at NCPD in Mineola easy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hank from the Seaford T&T is a good guy.  Gave me an excellent price on a Remington 700 PSS.

Whose that? (I know them by face, I suck with names for someodd reason. The young guy whose usually manning the black-rifle section? He's allways good to us.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tried getting counter service at American Outdoors in Melville once.    To quote a friend who feels about that store the same as I do, "You'd think I spit in their hair."  Won't be back.
I have reserve buddies running Coliseum in Uniondale, but its just not geographically convenient for me, although it would have made the serial number checks at NCPD in Mineola easy.

It's kinda hard to get counter service, but then you realize there's like 12 other people that 2 counter guys need to take care of.
When I do get someone (I usually go durring less-crowded hours to stores anyway), they're very freindly and take care of me well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Wish I could say the same for my experience; the counter guys outnumbered the customers that day but just couldn't be bothered, talking to just one customer they evidently knew.  Since they have nothing I can not get elsewhere, I can just say that I won't be back and leave it at that.  
(This is about American Outdoors, none of the other gun shops I have been in EVER had such poor customer service (IMHO.)
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Ditto for American, the guys are rude, would NEVER buy there.  T&T Gunnery are ok guys, if the store isn't busy. Coliseum is good. Give Hunter Sports a try, the new shop seems good and the owner is friendly and willing to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top