Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2004 10:03:51 AM EDT
I just made an order from sportsmansguide that included an axe/knife combo. It was one of the few that didn't have the little restriction note for NY. Today I got an email saying it couldn't be shipped to my zip code and that I wouldn't be billed.
Are they being overly cautious or is there a law that prevents axes from being shipped to NY?
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, I was looking in a US Calvary catalog and NY is the only place they won't ship a USGI Chemical Warfare suit.  Probably the only place in the country you might need one and they won't ship it here, go figure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
companies must randomly pick stuff and then say they won't ship it to NY.
the axe I wanted wasn't even really an axe, more of a slightly over sized hatchet that I could take camping
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Sharky30, did you call and ask them if it was a mistake?  Is it some local law in your jurisdiction? I'm not aware of any state law that prohibits the sale of axes or hatchets in NY.  

You did say it was some type of knife combo though.  Was it a double edged knife?  They are restricted in NY.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Well we wouldn't want any drive by axings now
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#5]
From the Sortsmansguide site.  It's news to me you can't ship an axe to NY.

WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase Axes. All Axes are shipped UPS and requires an adult signature upon delivery.

WARNING: Axes cannot be shipped to California, Arkansas, Connecticut, Idaho, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania. Please check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering Axes.

Edited to add:  I think it may have to do with throwing axes but I'm not positive.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#6]
just a standard 4in single edge knife
www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=124306
probably just as well, shouldn't be spending the money, I'll find something locally right before I get around to going camping
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
LOL you're kidding! Don't worry I have an address out of state anyone who needs an axe e-mail me on the sly and I will HOOK YOU UP!

It's probably because of all you axe murderers upstate!  
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Must be theres some NYC local law and the rest of the state has gotten lumped in with the City by the company. Some people can't seem to understand that theres a whole state North of NYC that has its own way of thinking .Probably sort of the same way Northern Cali suffers  being lumped in with Southern Cali.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Had no idea of those laws, well since they do not apply down here and if you want any goodies let me know via email.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had no idea of those laws, well since they do not apply down here and if you want any goodies let me know via email.

That's the worst part, it's 100% legal to buy an axe through the mail here. We do have some stupid laws here but it's infuriating when some dumb company won't sell use legal stuff. Hell there is some guy with an M1a for sale that has it listed as "no sales to NY."

I understand, had a lady tell me last week I could not buy 30 round mags. I asked why? She stated that we were too close to Washington, D.C. and her boss said no.

But the offer still stands, if you or anyone else needs to have goodies droped off, let me know and will be happy to assist all of you in any way. A few select people from the board know where I live and know that it is very quiet here for your needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top