Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 12:42:44 PM EDT
Well, I've been interested in getting a BP Revolver (sorta like this one Long url)

I know I would need to purchase or transfer through a FFl if I bought it in this state, but a local gun store employee (who I don't know from Adam...) suggested that I simply drive into PA and purchase one there.  When I asked if there would be any problems bringing that purchase back into NJ, his response made me uneasy...  "No, not really..."

So, I figured I would ask the opinion of those who might know... ArfComm'ers in my area!

So, what do you think of what the guy said?  Is it 'OK' to do that or would you recommend getting the pistol permit and buying in-state to be safe?  I am not looking to circumvent *any* laws, but if its OK to bring a BP revolver in from an out of state purchase then that is a *much* more convenient option than going through the pistol permit process again...

I've scoured through NJ statues and there are some exceptions for "antique" firearms but none relate to purchasing them...  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

BoBoPrime
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My copy of NAPPEN II: New Jersey Gun, Knife, & Weapon Law says it's ok to go out of state and buy one, but it's not ok to have one mailed to you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, JetLag.  I trust Nappen and his books much more than some gun-shop schlub (correct though he was...).  

I've *got* to get me hands on copy of his book...

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea right, my friend used Nappen once, he let her 16 old son hang out to dry, never called back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top