Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 6:14:26 PM EDT
So is there anyone here from the Albany area?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey zeekh - we've got a few members in the capital region.  I'm originally from Cohoes, but moved outside of Schenectady County.  Have grown up in this area my whole life...and unfortunately been privy to watching NY go down the tubes

Nevertheless, welcome aboard, and look forward to meting up with you our next regional meet at B&Js in Albany.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the welcome! I have lurked here for quite a while. I never ventured over here ot the "Hometown area". Where is B&J's? I live in Columbia County and have to say I've never heard of B&J's. I saw some pics posted of the place it looks great.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
B&Js is located at 1702 Central Ave, Albany - above the Enterprise Rental Car and Subway shops. Tel. 862-9831

You'd want I87 (Northway) and take the Schenectady Rte 5 exit heading west.

Nice shop and an excellent staff.

Keep your eyes peeled, we should be having another meet come spring. Also attempting to organize some sort of upstate shoot as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:23:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Columbia county. Have been here for 12 years, since I got married and left Massachusetts, one of the few states whose gun laws are worse than New York. But I hadn't reclaimed my childhood training in Wyoming at that time, or I may have tried to convince my wife to live in Vermont, or not married her at all.

zeekh, where do you shoot?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a pretty decent crew within 30 miles of Albany.  Definitely stop by B&J's and visit Brian.  He is a big supporter of this board.  I'm in there of 4, 5 times a week...  Used to be daily, but I've been busier lately.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:45:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi Bob, I really don't shoot much. I don't really know of anywhere to go. I just picked up an application to join the local rod & gun club. My son got me interested in shooting a couple of years ago. At this point I am more of a buyer than a user. I hope to change that in the new year. Thats a resolution I may actually keep. Tim
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Zeekh, Brunswick Sportsmen's Club in Cropseyville (just outside of Troy) is $45 a year IIRC, and a very reasonable initation fee, like under $50 I believe.

100, 200, 300 yard rifle ranges with covered stands.  Pistol range covered at 50 yards with cement shooting stations and stands at intermittent distances.  Trap and skeet rangeand archery range.  Plus you are allowed to hunt the club's land.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
im in cohoes .. 10 miles north of albany ..
and i should join the brunswick range ... my watervliet range only has 100 yds .. sucks .. i forgot brunswick has 1, 2 and 3 hundred .. ill have to look into that ..
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#9]
OK so B&J's is on the Schenectady side of Central Ave if you use the Northway as the divider. I'll have to give a look next time I'm up there. The Brunswick Sportsman Club sounds like a great place but its kind of a drive for me. I also heard there is a good range up on Rt155. Tim
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Watervliet and Forbes are nice if you don't mind death by a thousand bullshit rules... no rapidfire, shooting indoors use lead only below 800 fps...  Brunswick never has anybody arround it seems, most times I go there its just me... maybe one other person.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah i think this spring ill make the change .. thing is i paid for 1 more year at watervliet .. maybe after this year ..
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a really small club in Canaan with a 180 yard range and target burms at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Kinda creepily close to the house next door, though. Hopefully we'll move the shooting to the recently acquired next-door lot, which is further from the house.

$100 first year. $25/year after that.

If you're in southern Columbia County, though, this will be too long a drive.

I mosttly use the Nassau Sportsmen's Club, which I described in the "Ranges" thread.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey all.... I am from Clifton Park... I believe I have met HiramRanger over at Brians one day (the day he made all the women leave the store...LOL) I didnt see this section till just today... I am up for hang outs and shooting whenever possible
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:22:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Now comeone, that's not nice... didn't make them leave... just didn't realize they were in earshot when I was picking on Brian.  Drawback to being nearly deaf, sometimes you don't realize how loud you are and talking into the storeroom apparently has a magnifying echo type effect.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Is that why you were laughing after they left?....ROFL.. dont worry man... the comment WAS funny...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top